Potions, Rations, Food/Drinks, and Scroll Crafting

Throughout the game players will be able to craft several different types of items. Each player starts out with one healing Flask and will acquire three other healing flasks used to restore Health, Mana, Stamina, and curing negative status effects. Players can also buy and create rations, foods, and drinks to satisfy hunger and thirst, and receive stat bonuses. Players can also create scrolls which can produce many different effects, from changing the size and weight of objects to casting different spells.

Potions

In the early stages of MAO players will gain access to four different flasks that let the player recover health or cure negative status conditions. The four flasks that the players gain access to are the Diamond flask which recovers health, stamina, and mana; the Ruby flask which recovers health and stamina; the Sapphire flask which recovers health and mana; and the Emerald flask which recovers health and cures negative status effects. Players begin their journey with the diamond flask; this flask has five charges. Players can increase the flasks charges up to 36 charges; players increase charges by using Pearls of Luster. Players can move around up to 24 charges to the other flasks. Players can also further increase the potency of their flasks by using insight at a resting spot inside towns or dungeons. The potency can be increased by 1% for each insight spent up to 15%; insight used at these resting spots is tied to the individual players account. Drinking a potion reduces a players thirst and hunger by a small amount.

---------

Rations

Rations are small meals that players can eat in the field to gain different types of advantages. *Note: rations cannot be eaten during battle. Rations are made using a kitchen set or portable kitchen set. To create a ration a player must mix 2-3 different ingredients together. Similar to crafting equipment, players have a recipe book, and unlike crafting equipment players have access to all recipes. Players only need to select the recipe and combine them together.

The effects of the ration are based on the mixture of ingredients. Each ingredient has 1 to 5 effects such as restoring Health, Restoring Mana, Increasing Resistance to Fire, etc. Each effect is also tiered with a maximum of three tiers; These tiers affect the percentage of stats restored or increased when the potion is used- ex; Health I=5%, Health II=10%, Health III=15%. The percentage or potency of the rations effect is calculated by an average percentage of the same two effects an ingredient share. If two ingredients share an effect that effect is added to the potion and is given a percentage. Eating a ration reduces a players thirst and hunger by a moderate amount. Rations generally have a longer shelf life and can last up several weeks until they become rotten. If rotten food is eaten it will cause a negative debuff.

----------

Food/Drinks

Similar to rations players can use ingredients together with a recipe book to cook food and prepare drinks. Unlike crafting rations players do not have access to every ration recipe and can purchase different recipe books. Most food and drinks are consumed to restore Reduce Hunger and Thirst. However, unlike rations foods do not have any benefits of increasing stats. To create foods players must have the recipe to that food and the correct ingredients. Like rations players create foods and drinks with a kitchen set or portable kitchen set. To cook foods or prepare drinks players have to follow steps in the recipe book. If the player does not follow the steps the food or drink may end up ruined. Players can alter recipes to create variations on recipes by using different ingredients to create different flavors. Foods and Drinks reduce a players hunger and thirst by a large amount. Foods generally have a short shelf life before they become rotten.

----------

Scrolls

Throughout the game world players can purchase or make scrolls. Scrolls are used by the player to produce effects that otherwise wouldnt be created through an Arte, such as; producing light, or causing players or objects float, etc. Players craft scrolls by using appropriate paper and ink as well as selecting the effects of the scroll. When selecting an effect, a series of changes can be made such as; duration, power, range, number of targets, etc. each of these selections influence how many times a scroll can be used before it disappears. Players can learn these effects by finding scrolls or buying scrolls from merchants. Many scrolls cannot be used during battle and must be used before or after a fight; some effect end the moment a battle begins.