- 18 -

The next morning, Brooke and Killian made their way to the Granny's Diner, where they planned to meet Emma, their parents and Regina.

"Love, you still mad?" Killian asked her.

"I just want this over with then we can be back to normal," Brooke said.

"Back to normal... What's normal?" Killian asked.

"I don't know anymore," Brooke said as they walked to the diner.

"Morning," Emma said seeing them walking up, she turned and knocked on the door.

Granny opened the door and let them in, "If you want privacy, talk fast. We open in 20 and no one gets between Leroy and his bacon," Granny told them.

"Is there any sign of our quarry?" Killian asked.

"I went all over that farmhouse and the land around it nothing," Emma said.

"Well, now that the sun's up, we should hit every place Gold might go his house, ship, his cabin," David said.

"Because dead mean love vacation homes?" Brooke sat at the bar with Killian beside her, "But can someone explain to me how this is even possible?"

"Yeah, I like that explanation too... We all saw Gold, he..." Emma said.

"Disappeared into nothingness, I know," Mary Margaret said.

"I might have an inkling," Killian said and they all looked at him, "When we went back to the Enchanted Forest, Neal was talking about the possibility of getting his father back," Killian looked at Brooke, "Do you remember?"

"I'm not sure," Brooke said, "Carry on."

"Neal... He just... He missed his family, and he was desperate to find a way to return to this world. He believed that bringing his father back was the key," Killian finished explaining.

"Well, if that was his plan, then obviously something went wrong, because while Gold might be alive and kicking, Neal is... He's... We don't know what he is," Emma said, "We don't even know if he made it back to Storybrooke, no one's seen him since this new curse."

"He's out there something," Brooke said.

"With all due respect, we have bigger issues right now than who brought Gold back. The fact that he was in the Wicked Witch's basement, for one. I want to know what he hell she was cooking up with him," Regina said.

"Well, the best way to find that out would be to ask Gold, right?" Mary Margaret suggested.

"He could tell us who the witch is and maybe how to track her down," David said.

"I'm gonna head back to that farmhouse, it's possible this witch left behind some trace of potion or a special ingredient," Regina said.

"Have at it, just be careful," Emma said.

"Well, she's the one who needs to be careful. She invaded my space and when I return the favour, I'm not pulling any punches," Regina said and walked out of the diner.

"Maybe we should tell Belle," Brooke said.

"Yeah, that would be best," Emma said, "Has anyone missed breakfast?"

"Yeah," Brooke and Killian said.

"Order up!" Granny said putting two plates on the counter, "The usual."

"Thank's Granny," Brooke said.

"We have to eat as well," David said.

"Alright," Emma said.