piggy races

Mae

"What the hell are you shanks doing?" A high pitched voice called to Newt and I as we stared at the sun in the sky. I lifted my head up, only to be met with the spiky hair of my new friend, Minho.

I smirked and planted my elbows into the grass, lifting the top part of my body. "Neither of us could sleep so we came out here. What are you doing?"

"What does it look like I'm doing?" He sassed, motioning to the Runners pack around his shoulders. At the mention of going out into the Maze, I shot myself up from the ground and stood to my feet. I could barely hear Newt grunting and slowly lifting himself up.

I harshly turned Minho around, so that his back was now facing my front. He chuckled. "Whatcha doin' Greenie?"

"Looking at what's in here. Why do you have three sandwiches?" I asked him, pulling out the different kinds. One had lettuce in it, the other had ham and cheese, and the last one...I don't know what the hell was in it.

Before he had the chance to answer, Newt came up from behind me, placing his elbow on my shoulder and looking at the plethora of different foods. "Minho here is a rule breaker. The dumb shank makes himself two sandwiches when Fry isn't in the kitchen, then he get's the one he's actually supposed to have."

Minho shrugged as if it was no big deal. "What can I say? I'm a growing boy..."

"When are you supposed to go?" I asked him, motioning to the closed doors. The other Runners were already waiting, talking amongst themselves and stretching in preparation for the long day ahead. I wandered what it was like. Running through the same corridors all day, it must be torturing, and yet, I felt a strange desire to see what really was out there. Not from behind a window, not from hearing it from Newt...I wanted to see it for myself.

"As soon as the doors open." He told me, glancing at Newt for a second. "We got a long way to run everyday."

"Where do you go?" I continued to ask him. I could hear Newt briefly sigh from my left.

Minho furrowed his eyebrows and placed his hands onto his hips, taking a step closer towards me. "Why are you so curious about running, Greenie? Wouldn't want anything ruining that pretty face of yours, would you?"

I rolled my eyes and turned to Newt. "Is he always like this?"

"Yes." He answered simply. Turning back to Minho, I saw the small smirk grow on his face.

"I'm fine." I told him again. "I told you that I have my inhaler thing. It gives me free oxygen whenever I want it. So will you guys stop treating me like a baby and let me do something other than wander around all day? I wanna help."

"Oh, you're not going to be doin' nothing today." Newt spoke up again. I kept my eyes on Minho, who cocked his eyebrow and looked me up and down, almost going through the possibility of me being a Runner in his head. "You're gonna be tested for a job."

"Why? I thought I was already good at being a gardener. Or whatever you call it." I turned back to the blonde boy, who pursed his lips and nodded, scratching the back of his head.

He cleared his throat. "Well, ya are. Would save us a lot of bloody time, and we would probably get the crops faster if you were a Track-Hoe. But you still have to be tested for other jobs. Every Greenie's gotta do it."

"Does that mean I will get tested to be a Runner?" I asked, curiously.

Minho chuckled as Newt rolled his eyes once again. "Hell no. You've gotta get chosen for that. Do you think I would take shucking Greenies out there without knowing if they could run?"

When We're Older- The Maze Runner (Newt)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara