Deceived

Feng Yu Heng glanced sideways at Chen Yu, her lips forming a smile.

Was this the truth?

"Eldest sister, we are in the same boat."

The two went in separate directions at a fork in the road. Feng Yu Heng carefully looked in the direction of where Chen shi was living, but she could not see Huang Quan. Instead, she quickly headed towards the matriarch's side.

When she arrived, the matriarch was sitting and chatting with Yao shi and An shi. When she entered, she heard the matriarch say: "Speaking of Xiao Zhou's Ye family, they truly are the pride of Da Shun. Qian Rou, you being friendly with princess Wen Xuan is a good thing."

Yao shi understood that the matriarch intended to have her speak up on behalf of Feng Zi Hao. She, however, did not want to care about these things. Instead, she simply gave a forced smile and did not say anything.

The matriarch was a little embarrassed. When she raised her head again, she saw Feng Yu Heng walk in and immediately placed a smile on her face, waving to her: "Good granddaughter, come over here."

Feng Yu Heng took a few steps forward and saw Wang Chuan give her a reassuring look from behind Yao shi. Only then did she calm down. It seemed that Yao shi had gone straight to the matriarch first, so Huang Quan's side should be empty.

"Has grandmother's waist pain improved at all?" She smiled and advanced, looking at the desserts on the matriarch's table, "Are these desserts from the temple? How wonderfully exquisite."

The matriarch smiled and shook her head: "How could the temple have such good desserts. These were brought from home by your concubine mother Yao." As she spoke, she personally handed one to Feng Yu Heng, "Come, have a taste."

Yao shi continued by saying: "I originally wanted to deliver it to the head madam as well, but thinking of her condition... I worry that she would not eat the desserts I made, so I did not go."

The matriarch nodded: "No need to worry about her. It's good enough if she doesn't starve to death."

Feng Yu Heng accepted the dessert and held it in her hand. Bringing it to her mouth, she secretly sniffed it twice and found there was nothing strange.

As she ate the dessert, she began to ponder. Could it be that she really was too sensitive?

Looking over at granny Sun, she only saw that old woman stand by Yao shi with her head lowered. There was nothing abnormal about her facial expression, but her two hands tightly held her sleeves.

Feng Yu Heng knew this was a sign of anxiety.

The people in the room once again began to chat. An shi casually asked: "Why do we not see Zi Rui? Third young miss really likes Zi Rui and is always wanting to go play with him."

Feng Yu Heng was startled and suddenly realized a very important problem. She had been deceived.

Lure the enemy away from their base.

She quickly got up and saluted the matriarch, saying: "Granddaughter remembered there was still some things to attend to. I will be retiring first."

The matriarch did not keep her, merely telling her that the mountains winds at night are cold, so she should use an extra blanket.

Wang Chuan followed Feng Yu Heng and left. Seeing that she was walking ahead very quickly, she could not help but ask: "Young miss, has something happened?"

Feng Yu Heng spoke as she walked: "That's still uncertain for now. It's just I have a bad feeling about something. Let's quickly return and see Zi Rui."