Right to Mutual Divorce

Feng Jin Yuan did not dare be neglectful. Sweeping his robe, he knelt on the ground, "Official Feng Jin Yuan receives the imperial decree!"

The females behind him also knelt on the ground. Yao shi also came back around and knelt before her. Everyone was left feeling restless, as they were all trying to guess the contents of this imperial decree.

But in reality, the contents of the imperial decree were very simple. With just a few words, the order of the Feng manor was shaken up once more: "Daughter of the Yao family, Yao Qian Rou, We grant you the right to a mutual divorce from Feng Jin Yuan."

Feng Jin Yuan was baffled by this and suddenly raised his head, rushing to ask: "What did you say?"

Yao shi was also very shocked. Just a little earlier, she had been thinking about how she should interact with Feng Jin Yuan, as she had become the head wife once more. She also wondered about what she would do if he wanted to stay the night at Tong Sheng pavilion and whether or not she would be able to chase him away. But in the blink of an eye, Feng Yu Heng had announced such a great right for her.

"Father has made a slip of the tongue." Feng Yu Heng turned around the imperial decree and allowed Feng Jin Yuan to see, "It was father Emperor that said it, and it is not A-Heng's intention."

"This..." Feng Jin Yuan had never thought that such a capricious Emperor would actually hand down such an imperial decree! Giving a woman the right to a mutual divorce from her husband, this was something that had never happened in history, let alone in Da Shun!

Feng Jin Yuan was speechless.

The people of the Feng family were also speechless.

The matriarch lay in bed with her mouth open wide, but she could not make a single sound. When this second daughter did not come back, she spent every day thinking about her. After she returned, however, she brought a number of unexpected surprises back to the Feng family. For the right of mutual divorce to be in the hands of the woman, how great of a humiliation was that for the man?

Of course, when some people were happy, there would be others who would worry, so when some people were worried, others would be happy. For example, Chen Yu and Fen Dai along with Han shi were very happy after hearing this imperial decree. Han shi laughed even more at Feng Yu Heng, as she felt that she had ruined herself with her own smarts. To actually get such an imperial decree for her mother, she really did not know if thse was helping Yao shi or digging her a hole.

She did not know, however, that the position of head wife of the Feng family was completely worthless in the eyes of Yao shi and Feng Yu Heng. Feng Yu Heng definitely would not allow her and Yao shi's lives to be dictated by this Feng manor. My life belongs to me and not to the heavens. If even the heavens have no say, then why should the Feng manor?

"Mother." Feng Yu Heng looked at Yao shi, "Take good care of the imperial decree. In the future, if..."

"There's no need to continue!" Yao shi reached out and received the imperial decree. Not waiting for Feng Yu Heng to finish speaking, she made a decision, "As of today, I will divorce from Feng Jin Yuan! I will go through this divorce as the head wife. My children will still be the Feng family's son and daughter of the first wife. Of course, if Prime minister Feng has other arrangements, I will not say anything. I trust that my children will not need to rely on the glory of the Feng family to survive. One of them was personally conferred the title of county princess and given land, while the other is imperial tutor Ye Rong's personal disciple. Is there any fear that they will not have a good future!"

Yao shi was aware of the threats and listed out the noble standings of each of her children. Feng Jin Yuan, think about it yourself. Do you dare take action against such children?