Leaving the Capital

Upon hearing mention of the suburbs, Feng Yu Heng nerves immediately became frazzled, as she rushed to ask: "Has something happened at the military camp?"

Huang Quan waved her hand repeated: "No, no. Young miss, do not get too anxious. An avalanche happened in the opposite direction of the military camp. I heard that it was very serious, as half a mountain collapsed."

Feng Yu Heng was not very clear on the geography of this era. She only knew that it had happened in the opposite direction of the military camp, but this still allowed her to let out a sigh of relief. But just as she was calming down, Wang Chuan's words caused her to be on edge once more "The opposite direction? Then is that not to the North? Huang Quan, do you still not remember which day each year his Highness the seventh prince leaves the capital to make offerings to his mother?"

Huang Quan pondered a little then was suddenly shocked: "It was these past few days?"

Feng Yu Heng felt that her heart was on a roller coaster, "You are meaning to tell me that seventh brother just happened to have left the capital to make offerings? In which direction? North?"

Wang Chuan nodded, "His Highness' birth mother's body was buried in a small cemetery at a temple to the North of the capital. Ever since his Highness has become of age, he has gone every year to pay his respects. Counting the days, it seems it should be around now."

"How about I take a trip over to Chun palace." Huang Quan was not assured, "Let me see if his Highness is there."

"Go quickly." Feng Yu Heng pressed her, as a fear filled her heart. She suddenly recalled the time she had been drugged. When she had been stranded in her pharmacy, she had only come out because she had heard Xuan Tian Hua's clear voice. That person had picked up her out of the ruins. He was like a deity sent from the heavens specifically to save her. That night, he had lit up her night sky.

"Wang Chuan." She spoke quietly: "If seventh brother has gone out of the capital, I must go."

This time, Wang Chuan did not refute her. While they were in Feng Tong county, if it were not for the seventh prince finding Feng Yu Heng, perhaps she, Huang Quan and Ban Zou would all be dead. The seventh prince was not only the savior of Feng Yu Heng. He was also their savior.

"These servants will all accompany young miss to go look for his Highness." Wang Chuan made her position clear, as her face was full of worry waiting for Huang Quan to return with news.

The two truly hoped that Huang Quan could return and say that his Highness the seventh prince was at Chun palace and had not gone anywhere. Unfortunately, the heavens were not so kind to oblige. The more you hoped the harder it was to succeed.

Huang Quan finally returned, but they heard her say: "His Highness left the capital first thing yesterday morning and has not yet returned."

Feng Yu Heng felt her head swell. In an instant, hundreds of terrible thoughts rose from the bottom of her heart. She did not wait any longer. Grabbing her cloak, she walked out. Both Huang Quan and Wang Chuan quickly followed. When they reached the entrance, Wang Lin was setting up the tent and was already surrounded by plenty of citizens. Upon hearing that Hundred Herb Hall would be giving out free tea, everyone had come to help.

Feng Yu Heng said a few words of advice to Wang Lin then quickly set off with the two servants.

That morning, the area before everyone's doors had been swept clean of snow, so it was faster when they walked on the side. As they approached the city's gates, the number of residents dropped, so the road became harder to walk on. When they finally waded to the city's gates, they found that they were tightly closed. The guard keeping watch repeatedly tried to chase them away: "Go back! Quickly go back! There is no road outside of the capital at all. To leave the capital today is to seek death."