Chen shi's Death

When Fen Dai entered, the servant behind her held a tray with a bowl of soup.

When they entered, Feng Yu Heng sniffed the air. A thick scent of musk assailed her nose with a bit of safflower scent mixed in. The toxicity was staggeringly high.

She could not help but glance at Fen Dai. Had this girl gone insane?

Fen Dai naturally did not think that Feng Yu Heng would be present. She came to a sudden stop, nearly causing the servant behind her to bump into her.

Feng Yu Heng smiled: "What happened fourth sister? If you stopped any more suddenly, the bowl of soup would have been a wasted effort."

Fen Dai felt that there was a hidden meaning in those words. Her already weak mind was disturbed by this.

But the smell from the soup that Feng Yu Heng had caught, Jin Zhen did not understand what it was. She actually felt that it smelled very good and could not help but ask Fen Dai: "Did fourth young miss bring soup for me?" She was a little flattered: "This concubine thanks fourth young miss for the concern."

Fen Dai knew that with Feng Yu Heng present, this bowl of soup definitely could not be successfully delivered. In the worst case scenario, the plot would be unraveled. She could not help but fiercely glare at Jin Zhen then say to Feng Yu Heng: "I did not know second sister was here. I did not come for any particular reason. I just came here to see you. You two go back to chatting."

Fen Dai turned around but turned too suddenly, bumping into the servant behind her and spilling the bowl of the soup on the ground.

Smack!

Fen Dai raised her uninjured arm and slapped the servant: "Worthless thing, can't even hold a bowl of soup steady."

The servant cried while cleaning up the broken shards from the ground. Jin Zhen watched this scene then suddenly turned her attention towards the spilled soup.

Feng Yu Heng smiled, "How can fourth sister be so careless. But regardless of the case, fourth sister being able to be have these filial feelings is a good thing. Concubine mother Jin Zhen, do not forget to praise fourth sister in front of father some more. Fourth sister specially came to deliver some soup to you, but she herself spilled it."

Jin Zhen nodded, "Second young miss is right. This concubine will definitely speak well of fourth young miss and will definitely tell husband about it."

Fen Dai angrily stomped out of the room. The thing she could not stand the most was Feng Yu Heng's deliberately ambiguous tone, but when the ninth prince spoke in the same deliberately ambiguous tone, she absolutely loved it. It truly was odd.

Feng Yu Heng then explained some things to take note of for postpartum care to Jin Zhen. When she got up to leave, Jin Zhen chased after her and asked: "Was there something wrong with fourth young miss' bowl of soup?"

Feng Yu Heng nodded, "There was a problem. There were large amounts of musk and safflower in the soup. That amount could be smelled from far away. It seems that she is all too anxious to take over Chen shi's position in getting rid of all unborn children in the manor."

Jin Zhen was a little worried, "This time, I really must thank second young miss for being present. Otherwise, I fear that there would have been no escape from misfortune!"

Feng Yu Heng pondered a little then said to her: "I will do my best to hurry in arranging for Man Xi to be sent here. In the future, be more wary of Han shi's courtyard. The things they send absolutely must not be consumed. The other people will not harm you. The matriarch and father both sincerely want a child, so they will not harm you. An shi is someone who never competes, so there is no need to worry about her."