Let's See What Fate has in Store

Inside Heavenly Hall, the Emperor held a file in his hand, asking the kneeling supervisor of the Astronomy board: "Many days ago, did you not say the star of the Phoenix arrived. What of that star now?"

The supervisor solemnly replied: "The star of the Phoenix entered the capital and has become brighter, while steadily advancing along its course. If there is no movement in ten years, it will... take the main seat."

The supervisor's words trailed off towards the end. For the new star of the phoenix to take the main seat, the previous star had to first vacate that seat. As for this new star of the phoenix's emperor, it would not be the current great Tian Wu Emperor. It would be a new one.

A new Emperor being instated meant the old Emperor... had passed away.

Tian Wu Emperor nodded, "Birth, aging, sickness and death are all part of the human cycle of life. It's just that we want to live a few extra years. Whatever the outcome, I must pave an even path for that child... You may go."

"Yes." The advisor bowed and left.

Tian Wu Emperor put down the file in his hand and whispered to himself: "Ming'er, I really do not know if that girl you chose is skilled or not. If just the Feng family could harm her, it is possible she won't become anyone of importance."

With a sudden movement, Tian Wu Emperor waved his hand, gesturing for everyone to leave. Only after he was the only one remaining in Heavenly Hall did a person's shadow suddenly appear in the middle of the hall.

"Your Majesty." The person knelt down on oneknee and reported: "Prime Minister Feng entered Xiang palace."

Tian Wu Emperor frowned in anger, "Idiot unable to recognize good from bad! Having just Ming'er was not enough, he really wants for his eldest daughter to ascend the position of Empress? Hmph! We must go take a look. Let us see just how good the prospects of the third child he chose!"

Waving his hand again, the hidden guard disappeared.

"Guards!" Tian Wu Emperor stood up, "Escort Us to Winter Moon Palace!"

This was the thirty-sixth time this year Tian Wu Emperor went to Winter Moon Palace, as he clearly remembered every single time. Every time he returned, he would draw a mark on a column in his bedroom in Zhao He Palace.

Along the way, Tian Wu Emperor sat on a sedan. Supporting his head with his hand, he asked grand eunuch Zhang Yuan: "Tell Us, will imperial concubine Yun see us this time?"

Zhang Yuan wiped his forehead after breaking out in cold sweat, replying: "Emperor, let's see what fate has in store."

Pa!

Tian Wu Emperor slapped the top of Zhang Yuan's head: "You really are becoming more and more bold! Can you not be a bit more hopefuly for Us?"

Zhang Yuan felt very wronged: "How could this servant not be hopeful for your Majesty! This servant earnestly wishes for Winter Moon Palace to open its gates for your Majesty every day, but imperial concubine Yun's personality is not one you are unfamiliar with. How many years has it been, yet how many visits has she granted you?"

"What if this time is different?"

"That is why this servant said we must see what fate has in store!" As Zhang Yuan spoke, he used his fingers to count: "You have already filled out seven marks in Zhao He Palace. This will be the eighth mark, and it is already the beginning of Autumn. Thinking about it, it is almost full..."

Pa!

He slapped him again.

Zhang Yuan held his head, saying: "Your Majesty, if you beat this servant silly, there will be no more competent people to serve you."