𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧

maybe y/n was remembering a face incorrectly. god, she wished she had paid attention to her mom's best friend when she had mentioned what school he went to. a set of pretty violet eyes stared back at her still.

"h-hi, shinso." y/n tested in a tremulous voice.

a small quirk of the boy's eyebrow, "um, who are you?"

oh...

she knew better than to be upset, but she was conflicted, at the way her heart skipped a beat and how it felt like someone was tugging at her heartstrings.

maybe it was just a reaction to seeing him for the first time in such a long time, yeah, her body was just remembering how horrible he had been to her. that was it. how long had it been since they last saw each other?

again, y/n reminded herself that it had been completely unreasonable to be flustered. besides, it had been about two years since and y/n had "found herself", one could say, during this time.

and in an instance, something clicked. shinso was probably playing with her. she knew he would hang this over her head and taunt her, just like he had done for years on end as kids.

y/n regained her composure once more, if she had even really lost it, and straightened out.

feigning a quick laugh, y/n excused herself, "i'm sorry, i mistook you for someone else i knew."
the boy ran a hand through his messy, lavender hair and stepped aside to let y/n by, still appearing confused.

y/n made her way past him and kept her gaze forward. she only hoped to get to her room quickly to organize her thoughts. she heard the elevator's doors close behind her and released a breath she didn't even realize she was holding. when she finally got to her dorm, she shuddered and unlocked her door.

coming in, she realized there was music being played in the room that had been empty earlier.

so her roommate had shown up after all.

y/n threw her keys on the kitchen counter and made her way down the hall to greet her roommate. as soon as she held her hand up to the door, preparing to knock, the door swung open and a short girl appeared.

the first thing to stick out was the bright, short pink hair.

"hi! oh my god, i'm so sorry, was the music too loud? i kind of got carried away unpacking and there was no one else here so yeah." the pretty girl beamed, hair bouncing along with the words.

now, the second thing to stick out was how this girl was practically shining, in a faintly lit hallway.

"oh, i'm mina ashido, by the way!" she stuck a tan hand out, adorned with multiple bracelets.

"i'm y/n l/n." y/n said, returning a smile to the girl, now mina.

mina grinned even wider, if possible, and moved back into her room and y/n lingered at the door frame.

"what are you majoring in?" mina asked, grabbing a shirt and folding it.

"um, i'm majoring in dance." y/n reponsed, embarrassed and suddenly finding her shoes very interesting.

mina had dropped the shirt back onto her bed and screamed. she approached y/n and took her hands.

"no way! you're majoring in dance too?!", mina giggled, wow it was a nice laugh, and got really close to y/n's face, "i love you already."

heat rushed to y/n's face and she turned to face mina's wall. mina let go of her hands and bounced back to her clothes.

"i'm gonna go to my room, let me know if you need me." y/n excused herself and mina shouted a quick okay, already singing along to a song play from her phone.

y/n opened the door to her own room and went to flop on her bed.

'day one, and i already think i'm gonna go crazy'

y/n closed her eyes and thought about shinso. weird. seeing him should have her stomach bubbling with anger, memories of a younger boy pushing her into puddles and pulling on her pigtails in class coming to her mind. but it was different in that hallway, he was different. eyebags were more prominent and he had definitely grown into his face.

y/n sighed and rubbed at her eyes. this was stupid. he didn't even seem to recognize her at all.

a knock on the wall shocked her out of her thoughts and caused y/n to look up at her doorway.

"hey, y/n! i think i'm going to head out to the cafeteria to get some dinner, you wanna come with?" mina asked, poking her head into the room.

mina seemed like a good person and y/n was already warming up to her, so dinner with her couldn't hurt right?

"yeah sure, i'll come with you." y/n smiled, earning one in return from mina.