𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩

y/n didn't end up going to the party shinsou had invited her to nor did she reach out to shinsou in the months following their last interaction.

after believing she had messed up in their friendship, she decided distancing herself would be best.

she dedicated herself to her studies, in and out and in and out of the dance studio, overworking herself.

summer made its arrival, with y/n's solo looming overhead.

"y/n, we're going to the movies later, wanna come with?" mina offered as i sat in the living room, books and papers sprawled around my laptop.

"oh, uh, i have an essay due. then i'm going to the studio.. maybe next time?"

mina lingered in the doorway, lips pressed together, concern tainting her pretty features. "okay.. just make sure to take breaks and stay hydrated, okay?"

i nodded and blew a kiss off to her. she disappeared behind the door and i was left alone.

once i managed to submit my essay, i packed up to get to the studio.

over the course of the few months, i practically lived in the studio with things getting pretty bad in june.

studio 4 had been assigned to me as mistress kayama knew i would need a practicing space. the room never failed to remind me of shinsou, who i had spent some time with in there.

-

there were about three instances where i had run into him, not literally, but instead possible encounters which i had managed to outmaneuver.

a few weeks after the recital, i was making a coffee run for the gang as we were studying in the library. shinsou happened to be in the shop and before he saw me, i decided to go to another shop. fortunately, there wasn't any complaints about the lukewarm coffee once i had returned from the shop further from the library.

later in june, during my temporary camping at the dance studio, i was running back home during mina's classes to pick some stuff up. jogging up to the lobby, i hadn't noticed the boy sitting in the waiting room flicking through some book. i had shrugged my jacket off in the elevator and as it's doors closed, shinsou looked up and our eyes met. i holed myself up in the apartment that day.

the most recent encounter was only a few days ago during some excursion professor yamada decided to take our class to. for some reason, professor yamada likes to collaborate classes with professor aizawa (even though photography and dance history have very little to do with each other) and decided another project was due. this time around, our class was headed over to the photography rooms and i managed to slip out and have mina catch me up on the assignment.

-

with only a week left before my recital, i wanted to work and work on it.

the choreography was established but something felt off about the dance. there was something missing.

mistress kayama had watched the dance and agreed, something about finding the main component to bring it all together.

-

"maybe you just have to work with the stage crew? our dress rehearsal is coming up soon and you can talk to them about lighting, you know?" mina threw her pizza crust onto her paper plate and brushed her hands off.

"yeah, i've been thinking about that but even using the lights in the practice room it still doesn't feel right." i responded.

"who knows, maybe dedicating it to someone! sometimes when i don't know what to choreograph next, i think about either my family or my friends and it really helps." mina provided helpfully. just the mention of those she loved had her glowing.