𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙛𝙞𝙫𝙚

"i love your voice, sing something for me."

-

it had been a few days since the party shinsou and i went to. all attempts to contact him were recognized but ultimately shut down.

shinsou, with excuses ranging from busy test days to impending deadlines, had been keeping his distance.

"yeah, and with good reason."

"what was that?" mina popped her head out of the kitchen.

"nothing. i was talking to myself, mina. sorry."

i ran a hand down my face before sighing.

"that's, like, the tenth time you sigh in the span of three minutes." mina leaned up against the frame, whisk and bowl in hand. "what's up, babe?"

"i think, well, actually, i'm not sure what i think. i've been confused about this whole thing that shinsou and i have going on and then at the party, which was supposed to be fun and just a way for me to meet shinsou's friends, i messed things up and i think i hurt shinsou." i rambled on the couch.

"woah, woah. slow your roll there," mina placed her things on the counter. "okay, first off, take a deep breath. just like that, good. now, i'll ask a few questions and you just answer the first thing that comes to mind, okay?"

i nodded and she sat across from me on the other couch. "okay, let's start!"

"when is shinsou's birthday?"

"why is that relevant?"

the girl frowned, "just answer the question, y/n."

i sighed, eleventh time. "july 1st. we've known each other since birth, i think it's given that i know that. "

"don't give extra, just answer." mina hushed with a wave of her hand. "next question! what's one thing shinsou does without noticing?"

"he runs his hand through his hair, i think it's a nervous thing."

"good. what's your favorite thing about him?"

"well, that's harder to answer but.. i think how much effort he seems to put into whatever we have going on." i sat up, tugging my blanket and hugging my knees. "i've struggled with the whole thing but he's been patient and caring and really, really nice."

"okay, i see where you're coming from but, y/n, have you ever considered that he thinks you guys are dating?"

"oh my god."

-

the ringing came at an ungodly time, early in the morning. or was it late at night? either way, the noise was too much to handle while being half asleep.

"i really need to start silencing my phone," i whispered to myself before checking the caller i.d.

it was shinsou.

feeling my heart drop, i clumsily swiped to answer. "hello?"

"hey, y/n. um, i know it's late but do you.. do you think you can come over? it's- uh, i want to.. well, i guess i should tell you if you come."

"i'll be there."

thinking about the first time shinsou had called me, early in the morning and just to ask a question, i hurriedly made myself look decent and headed out.

walking to my car, i texted mina a quick text to let her know i was going over to shinsou's. she, unlike me, silenced her phone so i knew it wouldn't wake her up.