𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙨𝙞𝙭

it had only been 5 days (not that i counted) since i had last seen shinsou but we had exchanged small texts.

they were mostly just to make plans and make sure neither of us would flake.

"y/n! hurry up, hitoshi said he would get here at four, you have like ten minutes."

"i'm going, i'm going. have you seen my other earring mina?"

"i put it on your nightstand, y/n."

i headed back to find the little ruby earring and god, did i wish i had started to get ready earlier.

"okay," i met mina in the living room, "how do i look?"

mina, like always, smiled at me. "perfect, y/n!"

"thanks, mina, you're too kind."

"i'm glad you think so y/n but let's get you downstairs! hitoshi said he'd meet you in the lobby right?" mina started for the door.

"yeah, i told him i'd meet him down there."

"okay, okay. then, let's go."

mina and i got to the elevator, clicked the button, and went down to the lobby. what we didn't expect was to run into shinsou, who was waiting for the elevator.

"shinsou? you're here early, no?" surprised at his arrival, mina and i were still in the elevator.

"yeah, a few minutes, sorry." he shot a quick acknowledging nod at mina, which she returned.

"oh, it's not a problem at all, hitoshi! you were going upstairs, though?" mina pointed out.

shinsou shuffled his feet but didn't move out of the way yet, "i thought it'd be better if i met l/n at her dorm."

"aw, how sweet," mina cooed and a smile crept up my face as i saw shinsou's ear turn pink.

the elevator door began to close and both shinsou and i reached out to hold it open, our fingertips brushing. the small touch sending electricity up my arm.

"we should get going." i said, hoping shinsou would catch the hint and move so we could step out.

"right, of course." he did move but also held out his hand. i quickly glanced at it then back at him before taking it as he guided me out of the elevator.

"goodbye, mina, it was nice to see you again." shinsou added.

"buh-bye, take care of her! and do everything i would, y/n!" mina called as the elevator was finally allowed to close its doors and head back up.

i pulled my hand back from shinsou's grasp and walked by his side. "so, where are we going?"

"nowhere fancy, if that was what you were expecting." shinsou joked lightheartedly. "but i was thinking we could go buy something to eat at the Yuuei square and then walk around for a bit, does that sound okay?"

i nodded and i hoped shinsou couldn't see the desperation behind it. if i allowed myself to be honest, i was looking forward to this.

just for a moment, i did allow myself to be deluded and thought of this as a date, the thought burning my skin pleasantly.

"i think a few shops are still open so we have a selection of things to choose from, do you know what you want?" shinsou watched me.

"i'm okay with anything. is there anything you want specifically?"

"nah, we'll see when we get there, yeah?" he stated and i nodded once more.

-

"and he tends to do it a lot, usually for the whole class period."