𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮

the ringing of my phone woke me.

head still buried in my pillow, i reached over to my nightstand and dragged my phone to my ear.

"hello?"

"l/n? are you still asleep?" the all too familiar voice jolted me awake.

i blinked the last remnants of sleep away and cleared my throat. "what? noo, i'm.. i'm just out and about, you know."

i hoped my nervous chuckle wasn't too obvious and shinsou actually believed me.

"right, well since you're already 'out and about' let's hang out?"

"right now?"

shinsou chuckled, "yes, right now. or later, whenever you want."

"no, no, right now works." i pushed my covers off, walking to the bathroom.

"okay, i'll pick you up in fifteen?"

"yeah, i'll see you."

the phone call ended with a beep and i started to brush my teeth. i wondered what shinsou wanted to meet up for.

walking back to my room, i was in the process of choosing an outfit as i heard the front door of the dorm opening.

"mina?" i called out.

"i brought food, y/n!" her voice came through, muffled but still coherent.

"i'll be out in a little bit!"

i hurriedly changed, dumping my pajamas in my laundry bin before heading out to the living room.

"going somewhere?" mina asked cheekily while wiggling her eyebrows.

"yeah, yeah," i collapsed onto the couch. "shinsou asked me to meet up with him so i'll be out for a while."

"fry?" mina asked and then plopped it into my mouth once i nodded.

"are you gonna eat here or is he taking you out to eat?"

i really hadn't thought about it and decided to shoot shinsou a text.

'are we going out to eat?', it read and i received a text back almost immediately.

'yea, kinda, is that okay?'

replying with a quick yes, i hopped off the couch and went to put my shoes on. "i think we're gonna eat, sorry."

"don't worry about it! more for me, y/n." mina grinned before turning back to her food and flicking through her phone.

a knocking at the door came a lot sooner than i anticipated but regardless, i was dressed and somewhat ready.

i heard mina and shinsou exchanging a few words as i approached them in the living room.

"hey, y/n." he said fondly, peering from the doorway.

"hey," i returned.

"alright, lovebirds! get out and have fun, make sure she eats, hitoshi, and make sure to bring her back to me in one piece."

"you got it, ma'am." shinsou saluted at mina with faux seriousness and followed suit as mina pushed me out of the apartment.

the door closed behind us and we were left in the hallway.

"so why'd you decided to call me today?" i asked, genuinely curious.

"what, i need a reason?" shinsou replied back, mirth apparent in his voice.

"no! i was just wondering."

letting me get into the elevator first, shinsou answered as he pushed the button sending us to the lobby. "the day was pretty and i wanted to see you."