Chapter 39

Third Person

Dark, Darkspine and Hyper were walking down a hallway. Actually, correction: Hyper was skipping and humming as Dark and Darkspine followed behind said white hedgehog. The two darker hedgehogs glanced at each other with equally bored looks and followed the hyper one. With no ideas in mind (doesn't help how Hyper was demanding they keep their names he named them) they decided to follow the happy hedgehog just so that it looks like they are at least doing something. The two dark hedgehogs thought about keeping their names after all since they did seem to fit them. After rounding a corner, there stood Beast just coming from the way they were heading.

Hyper smiled as he looked at the big furry hedgehog and skipped over to him. "Hey-ya Beast~ Found a name for yourself yet?"

"Er... No. I haven't." Beast responded as he glanced at the two dark hedgies. Before he could speak, Dark held up a hand to stop him.

"Don't start." He said, making the furry one nod.

"Great!" Hyper had beamed seemingly in a world of his own getting all three hedgehog's attentions back to him. "I've chosen a name for you!" Beast really didn't want to hear this and dreaded whatever the white one had to say. Hyper placed one hand on his hip as he pointed at Beast with a confident grin. "Werehog!"

"... Were... Hog..." Beast echoed back with a look practically saying 'what have I gotten myself into?' Hyper now had both hands on his hips still with that wide proud smile.

"Yup~" Dark and Darkspine were just mere onlookers to this but while one didn't give two shits about anything, the other had an apologetic face directed at the fluffy one.

"Werehog... It's not actually that bad compared to Fluffy." Darkspine tried to reason with Beast on the account of not wanting bloodshed... Made by Hyper... He might be a negative user but that doesn't mean he has no heart. If he had the freewill (or the motivation for that matter) to be a peacekeeper... Yeah, no he rather shove fire up anyone's ass as his way of 'peace'. Dark had glanced at the violet one mentally agreeing with him, but nothing more. The navy one looked at Beast once more.

"Just take the goddamn name and get over it." Strong and firm just like Dark always is.

"Fine..." The newly named Werehog sighed knowing he was in a losing battle. All of a sudden, a gold streak came zooming down the hall picking up wind leaving the four hedgehogs questioning just what happened. Without missing a heartbeat, the golden streak came back and headed the opposite direction. Only when the gold streak came back and was able to slow down this time, were they able to understand what had happened.

"Come on slowpokes! Havoc wants to meet back at our room!" 'Fluffy' said with a wild grin before zooming off again. The swirled eyed hedgehog might be a fast flyer but that didn't mean he was fancy or a good flyer at that.

"Huh..." Hyper poundered with a tilted head. "Did Havoc give us a time limit for our name choosing?"

The navy hedgehog scoffed and was already walking away. "Who cares? Let's just go already." The other three hedgehogs began to follow Dark back to their room.

Emerald eyes gazed out the window, the cobalt hedgehog had an unreadable look stretched across his face. Names... Such a trivial thing. He knew that having a name was usually a sign for something more than just to hide, it was to help identify who you are and what you would be. Havoc closed his eyes and tapped into his near limitless powers. He extended his reach, his vision, outwards... far beyond the borders of time... What he saw... He snapped his eyes open, stopping his short search feeling a wave of slight dizziness overtake him for reaching as far as he did. He saw a blue hedgehog - him. A hero... Then his wish. His wish coming true. Havoc smirked with his hands behind his back. A name can be tolerated to provide a wish that shall come true.