Chapter 7

Blaze's p.o.v.

We made our way out of the castle and I saw a volcano in the distance. I turned to Silver and he saw it too.

"You think another form might be there?"

"No doubt about it." he chuckled and I looked at him confused

"You want to be the challenger this time?"

"Of course I do. Fire is my specialty." I made a little flame come on my palm and made it disappear just as quickly. He chuckled again and placed his arm around my shoulders.

"Don't worry Blaze. I'm sure that whoever it is won't be able to stand against you." I smirked at him and we caught up to the others. The three forms were talking about something to each other but was trying hard not to let us listen in. I would hear the word 'Sonic' come up multiple times but didn't pay any attention to it as we continued to walk. Just then, a white blur came rushing up to us and jumped up to Werehog, hugging him.

"Is he ready?" Super asked the Hyper who nodded in response. "Alright." he turns to us once we were at the base of the volcano. "Darkspine uses his fists and fire type attacks as his weapon. Take this chance to choose your challenger." we all turned to each other.

"Fire... Blaze, I think this fight is for you." Silver said to me and I looked at everyone else who nodded in agreement.

"Alright, I'll do it." I turned back to the four and they looked at me.

"Your going?" Super asked and I nodded. "Follow me." he led me up to the top and saw the indigo coloured hedgehog standing at the edge of the volcano. He turned to us and looked at me.

"Your ready challenger?" I got into a fighting stance and he copied me. Once Super left to stand with the others out of the way, we charged at each other. His orange aura flared up and I skidded away from him. He tried to punch at my head but I ducked away and got him in the stomach. He staggered back from my attack but then made a fireball in his hand and shot it at me and the fire just grazed my tail. I jumped back again but made fire emit from my palms to cover my whole hand and charged at him again. I got him twice in the stomach and before I could get in another hit, he blasted me away with a fire-punch of his own. I staggered on my feet and looked up and he was breathing heavily.

"Give up?" I stood up straight and charged at him again. I was able to strike him across the cheek but left myself open and he took the opportunity to do an uppercut on my stomach. We were sent apart from each other and panted. I took the time to charge at him again but dodged as he fire-punch. I jumped over his head and landed behind him, sweeping at his legs to make him fall on his face and turn to face me above with a fireball in hand. He raised his hands in defense and I made the fire dissipated. "That wasn't half bad." he said as I helped him up and we looked at the others.

"I agree!" Hyper said, flying around and hugging him from behind.

"Now that is done, who's next" the five looked at each other and didn't say a word as they made their way down the volcano. We looked at each other suspicious of there silence but shrugged it off and followed them.