Chapter 18

Tails p.o.v.

I can't believe Sonic said that! And straight to my face to! I felt my eyes sting and wiped any tears about to fall away. I can't cry. I just can't. But... what has my brother become? Did... did I send him over the edge by talking about Sally or was it something else? But still, why would he say he might spare me if I do this for him? Does that mean... that Sonic was evil all along? No... but... the way those forms looked at me... with murder in their eyes... they really were going to kill me weren't they? But... how could Sonic allow this? Unless that's not Sonic at all. I wouldn't be surprised if an impostor replaced Sonic and trapped him somewhere else. But... wouldn't Sonic's forms know if something is off with him? I mean, they seem to know Sonic more than any of us and listen to anything he tells them to do. But... but... what if he IS Sonic? I... I can't think like that. I can't imagine my brother as a murderer but... the footage I seen in the weird lab... was that what Sonic was like before he met me and everyone else? A murderer? I remembered what he and his forms looked like at first. They didn't have any gloves or shoes but what was going on with Sonic's hands and feet? They looked like they were made of water... but that's impossible! Only Chaos is made of water! Unless... no! That's crazy! He can't be Chaos's son... can he? He did appear after the Chaos emeralds glowed... and there's only one creature in the entire universe that's blue beside Chaos but his eyes are different. Sonic's is emerald green and Chaos's eyes are sun yellow... I sighed and felt tired from flying to far. I kept going, cause they would find me either way, I don't feel like taking a swim and I'm not sure what to think anymore. Sonic said he would kill me if I didn't do what he said... Sonic truly is a monster.

Silver's p.o.v.

I managed to active my psychokinesis in time before everyone fell face flat into the ground. Once we were all standing, Shadow fell on his butt.

"Are you alright Shadow?" I asked and he nodded.

"Yeah. Just a... little... out of... breath."

"Did Chaos Control drain you that much?" Knuckles asked and he nodded again.

"I can't believe them!" we all looked over at Amy as she yelled out.

"Hun, what's wrong?" Rouge asked her and she tossed her hands to her sides.

"What's wrong? Sonniku's forms tried killing us! That's what's wrong!"

"Amy calm down-"

"No! I won't calm down! not until I get some answers for why Sonic would allow them to kill us!" she interrupted Blaze and we heard a strange noise. We all looked to see that Tails was coming in and right before he was over the island, his tails gave out. I caught him before he went to far and brought him to safety.

"Phew! Ha... thanks Silver." he smiled and I smiled back.

"No problem." once he got his breath back, Knuckles held out a hand and he took it.

"Did you escape?" Tails hesitated before nodding and his smile vanished while taking his hand away from Knuckles.

"I told you this was a bad idea! I told you! And did you listen to me? NO! You just had to pry the answers out of Sonic without letting him answer them and that's what's got us into this whole mess in the first place!" he waved his hands around then dropped them while sighing. I looked at Blaze and she nodded in understanding.

"I'll admit that we may have been harsh on him." I nodded as well

"Yeah. I guess we have been." agreements from everyone else came around and Tails sighed.

"Alright. Well maybe we could... get to the Master Emerald." he gave a wry smile and Amy spoke up.

"Why would we go there?" he rubbed his neck