Chapter 17

Sonic's p.o.v.

I watched as Robotnik's forces alongside G.U.N. invade Knothole and had ordered my brothers to attack whenever and however they could.

"Sonic!" I looked to see that Super had landed in front of me with blood coming down one of his arms. "We can't hold them all back!" I growled and looked beside me to see Sally looking like she just wanted to jump in but I got orders from the king himself to protect her if anything should happen to him. She looked at me with puppy dog eyes and I sighed.

"Roundabout. I'm going in." his eyes widened as I nodded to Sally

"Are you sure-"

"Super!" I growled and he quickly nodded

"Alright." he flew off and I held both of Sally's hands.

"Can you fight?" she scoffed and playfully punched my arm.

"Of course I can Sonic. I started this whole hidden village and resistance thing to begin with." I frowned and she caressed my check. "Don't worry."

"How can I Sal? All my life I've been alone with my brothers and now that I've found you, I don't want to lose you." she smiled

"Sonic, your an all powerful entity and I'm just a mortal-"

"But I love you!"

"And I do to but you can't always worry about me. There are going to be times that I have to do somethings on my own without help and this is one of those times!" I sighed and kissed her forehead.

"Alright. Just try to be careful, okay?" she nodded and we looked at the fight then back at each other. "Go get em, tiger." she giggled and blushed.

"Sonic, stop it!" I chuckled and raced right in. I took a glance behind me to see that Sally was fighting off some soldier and I smiled. We've been tussling a bit ourselves and I sometimes underestimate her. She may look like a butterfly but boy does she ever sting like a bee. I ended up kicking and punching a bunch of guys with my new gloves and shoes that I got from Sally's father, Maxmillion Acorn. I used them to conceal the forms of my hands and feet but I still don't know why my brothers ended up copying my style though... The more I think about it, the more I realize just how messed up that idea is... I looked up as I heard a laugh and growled at him.

"Robotnik."

"Hohoho! Hello Sonic. We meet again!"

"I don't have time for this Robotnik. So why don't you run away and never be heard from again?" he chortled a laugh and smiled at me.

"Now why would I do that, rat?"

"I'm a hedgehog." I growled through gritted teeth.

"Hehe. I don't care, you pesky pincushion. You didn't join me when I offered you absolute victory, so why not punish you for it."

"Pfft. You would never win you pathetic human. Besides, I can already see me kicking your fat end straight to potato city." he sputtered out some weird noises and I chuckled.

"Oh! You will regret this!"

"Ha! Make me!" he smiled.

"With pleasure." he flew away on his weird flying machine and I ducked in time before a punch landed on me and I kicked the soldier away. I made my way through the crowd and I could see that we were both evenly tied.

"Sonic!" I looked over at Sally as she punched a guy then came up to me.

"Super was right. We need a back up plan and quick!" I hummed and before I could react, she screamed my name again and shoved me out of the way. Everything seemed to slow down as I saw a bullet whiz by my head and go right through Sally's brown fur, aiming at her chest. I stared with wide eyes as I watched her body go down and lay still.