Chapter 6

Tails p.o.v.

As we walked out of the forest we could see a castle in the distance. I overheard the forms conversation as we followed them.

"Do you think Sonic would forgive them?" Hyper asked Super

"I don't think so." he replied

"Why should he forgive them? They captured him and if wasn't for us, he would have been forced to answer their questions." Werehog added

"But they were his friends." Hyper said

"Hyper, why don't you see if Excalibur and Darkspine are ready?" Hyper nodded and raced off.

"He always did say he wanted to be the reasonable kid."

"That's what I'm afraid of." Super sighed and turned to us "All right everyone,

up ahead is Excalibur's castle. He uses his sword for fighting so I have an idea that he will ask for a sword fight. Choose the one who is going to go in." We looked at each other

"To bad that Sonic isn't here, he's an excellent swordsman." Silver said

"What about me? Sonic taught me a little about how to swing a sword." everyone looked at me

"You sure Tails?" Knuckles asked "You don't need someone to help you?"

"I'm sure I can take care of myself." they agreed and I stepped forward

"Your going to fight?" Super asked and I nodded "Follow me." we walked up to the ancient castle and saw the armor covered hedgehog talking with Hyper. The white hedgehog walked up to Super, nodded and raced off again.

"Excalibur, your ready."

"Of course I am." Super handed me a sword and I stepped up to him. "Your my challenger?" I nodded and he held the tip of his sword out to me. "Alright, en garde!" I did the same thing and he charged at me. I did the same thing and he charged at me. As he swung his sword up, I swung mine down, making us clash together. He jumped back but then charged at me again. I used my namesakes to fly in the air above him and sliced downwards. He raised his sword to block my attack and I landed on the ground. "Your not bad." we clashed again and I pushed him back.

"I can say the same about you." I jumped in the air and pointed my sword down on his spot and jumped away in the nick of time. He spun around and made contact with my weapon but I collided with the wall of the castle.

"Had enough yet?" I stood up on my feet and held my sword up again.

"Not yet." we charged forward and clashed again, only I pushed him back. He skidded to a stop then I swung the sword out of his grip and he raised his hands as I pointed the tip at him.

"Alright, I'll admit, you beat me fair and square." I chuckled as I lowered my weapon and he picked his up and putting it away.

"That was one intense battle." Super said coming up to us

"You can say that again." Amy pipped and he was about to open his mouth when Excalibur shook his head and he chuckled.

"Where do we go next?" Silver asked and the three forms looked at each other and headed outside with us behind them.