Chapter 28

Third Person

The orange fox couldn't form any words properly at the sight before him. He could only comprehend a few things at a time. First of all, a lynx came out of a tablet. Second, Super was after him. And finally, THE LYNX SAID HELLO! What was going on!?

"Um... Hello?" the lynx asked. "Are you alright?" she floated down to the ground right in front of the orange Mobian. She held out a hand to Tails as a welcoming jester. "Do you need any help?" Tails blinked then shook his head while finally standing up on his feet.

"This isn't real." he muttered to himself then looked up into green eyes. "I'm just dreaming." the brown Mobian tilted her head the slightest while looking at the fox.

"A dream? How could this be a dream? It is the reality we are living in." Tails took a few steps back while shaking his head.

"No. I must've hit my head too hard back there and this is all but a crazy dream." he smiled then looked at the lynx. "Yeah it has to be. I'll be back home with all my friends and it would be like this never happened." he suddenly closed his eyes and fell backward making the lynx gasp in surprise.

"Fox! Fox, are you alright?" she looked around to see what she could do but they were the only beings around. Not even five minutes have passed as Tails groaned and sat up with his eyes still closed, rubbing his head. "Are you alright?" she got on all fours while looking at the fox with concern.

"Yeah... but I had the weirdest dream-" he paused when his light blue eyes met green ones. "Gah!" he jumped immediately onto his feet as his fur stood on end.

"Fox?" the lynx stood up with him and tried to take a step forward but that only made Tails took one back.

"Stay away from me." he held out his hands and kept on backing away. The lynx's ears dropped slightly.

"Oh. I am sorry if I am invading your personal space. I will go now." she turned around and began to walk back towards the device that was still on the ground. Tails felt bad for hurting the lynx's feelings. He looked down and sighed.

"Wait!" the lynx froze and looked back at the fox. Tails sighed again and looked into green eyes. "I'm sorry." the lynx blinked, turned around to face the fox fully and tilted her head.

"Sorry? Why would you be sorry?"

"I didn't mean to hurt your feelings." Tails looked down at the ground and the lynx stared at him before making her way in front of the orange Mobian. She knelt down to his eye level and gave him a smile.

"I accept your apology." that made Tails smile. He smiled back at her but from the corner of his eye, he could see small purple cubes come off her hand for a mere second. He raised an eye ridge as he looked at her eyes.

"I don't mean to sound rude but why was there something purple coming off your hands?" the lynx looked at him confused until she looked at her hand to see the same thing he saw. She gave out what sounded like a sigh as she stood up straight.

"It is because I am not real." Tails namesakes swished as he blinked slowly.

"Um... what?" the lynx looked in the direction of the device and walked towards it while waving the fox towards her. Tails swished his namesakes again before quickly catching up.

"I am an Artificial Intelligence that has the data capabilities to create a holographic image. The same holographic image that you see before you." the lynx stopped in front of the tablet then turned to the fox. "I don't believe we have told each other our names yet. I was named Nicole by Princess Sally Acorn." the lynx -now named Nicole- placed a hand on her chest then held it out to Tails. "What's your name?"