Chapter 36

Sonic's p.o.v.

I finally sneaked into their base! It was a hassle just to find it but without inserting the 'password' I had to find an alternative entrance. I have to be grateful for my quills that can cut through metal otherwise finding and/or making an entrance would be very tedious. I crept through the halls silently checking each room by opening it slightly. But one door I opened had a certain pinkette laying on a bed with her back facing me. I glared at her and was about to close the door and carry on with finding that emerald. I need that last Chaos Emerald! Buuut... Why just go after it randomly when I can kill two birds with one stone? Hehehe~ I creeped into the room able to hear the little pink bitch let out a depressed sigh. Poor helpless rose, too bad you're about to wilt. I slowly closed the door behind me making it let out a small 'click'. Her ears perked in response to the noise. She rolled around and sat up to face me. As soon as her eyes met mine, her's widened beyond comparison and opened her mouth to scream. I zipped straight up to her side and covered it. I understand that my appearance startled her but there's no need for her tacky voice to make my presence known to everyone.

"Calm down Amy. I'm not going to harm you." I cooed to her. This is utterly disgusting. When I'm done, I'm going to burn my body just to get rid of her stench. "All I'm here for, is you." I watched as confusion filled her eyes. I can just picture her thoughts right now. What do I mean by her? What am I going to do? I can also see fear deep in her eyes. That look is so satisfying. "I have made a mistake Amy. Only you can help me now. Everyone else would rather kill me then hear me out." I allowed my voice to be filled with sorrow and eyes shining with regret. And that result got me the bitch looking at me with sympathy. She knew what I was talking about. Perfect. "I'm going to let you go now. You can scream if you want but then I wouldn't be able to fix my mistake." I pulled my hand away from her. As soon as I did however, I wasn't prepared as she tackled me in a hug. But it wasn't her signature bone-crushing one. It was oddly comforting. Too bad that won't make me change my mind.

"Oh Sonikku." I heard her say. "I'm not going to do that." She pulled away and I could see tears in her eyes. Just to make sure she was still in my grasp, I closed my eyes, my ears fell, hung my head and let a tear escape. I could feel her slightly caress my cheek. "I can help you. Just tell me what needs to be done and I can help you fix your mistake." I opened my eyes to see her giving me a small smile. For extra effect, I beamed widely and hugged happily.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I knew I could count on you Ames!" She hugged me back tighter but not too tight.

"Always Sonikku. I will never give up on you. Even when the others say you should be killed, I knew you would come back to your senses." How about some more heartfelt heartache?

"I've always loved you Ames. You were always right when I was too shy to say it back." I heard her gasp and she quickly pulled away to look at me with wide eyes and partially opened mouth. But then she gave a wide smile and squealed.

"I love you too Sonikku! This is like a dream come true!" She was about to move closer when I did first. I gave a quick peck to her lips leaving her red in the face.

"I know." I whispered as I looked at her full of lust. "If you want this to continue then I need you to bring me the last Chaos Emerald; Shadow's Emerald to fix my mistake."

"O-O-Oh... Okay..." She whispered and pulled away, shaking her head. She then gave her signature smile. "Don't you worry Sonic! I'll be right back!" She then jumped to her feet and hissed while clutching her middle. I could see the whole extent of her wound. Giving a chuckle, I approached her and unwrapped the wound. She looked at me confused at what I was doing. "Sonic?" Once her wound was in sight I took off one of my gloves and hovered my watery hand over her. Lightly brushing the hurt area I used my own energy to heal her. The process was over just as fast as it began. She was speechless through the entire thing. As I was putting my glove back on, she was poking the spot where her wound once was. "How?" I heard her say and I chuckled at that. Looking back at her, I found some clean gauze and wrapped it around the open spot of her dress.