27. Peng Chuyue...

After his declaration yesterday night, Yibo had made sure Zhan was with him every fucking minute of the day. The way his firecracker's eyes had widened in shock last night would stay with Yibo forever. The poor Omega was so spooked he had tried to scramble away from Yibo making the excuse of calling his uncle and telling him what they had found but Yibo didn't let him go. Yibo wasn't stupid. He knew Zhan cared for him. It was moments like these where Yibo felt Zhan melting into his hands and Yibo needed to use these for his gain to make Zhan fall for him. Leaving Zhan alone with his thoughts would give Zhan time to rebuild his walls and Yibo didn't want that. Zhan had admitted to Xinyan that he cared for him and yes, Yibo had heard it all. Heard his firecracker lay his claim and fuck if it didn't make Yibo lose his mind. He knew his Zhan wore his heart on his sleeve which is why Yibo was so determined to have it all for himself never to let Zhan give it to another. For that to happen, Yibo had to worm his way into Zhan's heart and leave a mark so deep into Zhan's soul, the man lived and breathed for him.

"Yibo!",came his firecracker's voice and Yibo looked at Zhan finding his Omega with a exasperated look on his face. "What?" "I should go to Yunmeng and tell uncle about this." Yibo thought over the words and nodded after a moment. "Let me finish this up. I will come with you", he said with his face buried in paperwork and Zhan lost it. "This is what you said an hour ago. You don't have to come Yibo. I can go by myself." "And I told you an hour ago that you won't go alone. Zhang Wei is still out there. I am not taking any chances with you." As much as Zhan was touched by his mate's words, he really couldn't take sitting in Yibo's office for another minute. He got up from the chair huffing at Yibo and almost tore the door of its hinges when he opened it. Was he being dramatic? Yes! Was he disturbed by it? Hell no!! The look on his face was terrible and Haoxuan who was coming towards Yibo's office let out a low whistle. "What crawled up your ass, man?", he said with a smirk and the Zhan sneered at the man.  "The same thing that crawls up yours at night." Xuan shot him a 'I-will-kill-you' look but then he gave Zhan a sweet smile. "Rude...Anyways I got news, princess. So you might want to stomp all the way into the office again." Xuan's tone was teasing and he went in leaving a sulking Zhan behind. This just wasn't his day. First, Wang Yibo and now, Wang Haoxuan. Chewing on his lip, he walked into the office and when his eyes met Yibo's, the man was looking at him with amusement as if he was watching a kitten throw a tantrum. Zhan wanted to punch him.

"What do you have, Xuan?",questioned Yibo and Xuan smiled at him, all teeth on display. "Everything. The guy's address, his hideouts, the list of the people he has been in contact with in the last few days and before you ask, Yes. Zhang Wei has been in contact." "Are you going to bring him here?",questioned Zhan eyeing the two cousins and Yibo was the one who answered. "We won't. The last thing I want is him anywhere near you." Zhan was confused at his words and looked at him with a big question mark on his face. "What exactly are you up to,Wang Yibo?", he asked in all seriousness and Yibo curved a finger at him asking him to come closer. With a frowning face, he walked to Yibo and found himself on Yibo's lap. "I will pay our dear Chuyue a surprise visit." For a full minute, Zhan was silent thinking if he had heard Yibo right and when the words registered completely, he threw a fit. "What? Why do you want to meet him? What if he has Zhang Wei's men with him? Are you sick, Wang Yibo?" The firecracker shot daggers at him and tried to get up from his lap but Yibo didn't let him. "Listen to me." "No, Yibo. Have you even thought this through? I don't like this at all. You can't go alone. You know what, I will come with you. I started all of this anyway. I will talk to Chuyue. He will back off, Yibo. Don't make it easy for Zhang Wei to hurt you." His words were pleading but Yibo's eyes had turned to ice and Zhan shivered in his arms. "You want to meet him?", said Yibo icily and Zhan felt his own anger spike but he leaned into Yibo cupping his cheeks so that his words went through his thick skull. "No, I don't. I loathe that weasel more than you know but Yibo I can't let you do this. No matter how careful you are, Zhang Wei has shown that he is going to  stoop to whatever means possible to get you. I don't even know who Chuyue is anymore. We should just drag him here. I don't know what else he will do. I just...don't want you hurt." His words had dropped to a whisper at the end and Yibo kissed his mate hoping to ease his worries.