48. I will love you forever...

A Year Later...

"Why the fuck aren't you ready yet?", screamed Chun Hua and every wolf in her vicinity hissed in displeasure. "What the hell are those lungs made of? So loud", grumbled Jiyang.  The glare Chun Hua shot him had Jiyang hiding behind his mate. "He's almost done. Is everything okay down there?",asked Yubin, his arm curled around A-Qing as he smiled at Hua. "Okay? How can it be okay? The Wangs keep looking at the arrangements with their X-ray vision and I am not sure if they like it or want to pull it apart by their bare hands." "They won't do that. Yibo won't let them", intervened Zhuocheng looking at his brother. "Don't even take that name. I still feel chills when I remember his voice on the call. "You have three months, Ms. Hua. Plan a mating party. Everything should be done with Zhan's preferences in mind. I don't have to tell you what will happen if my Zhan's smile disappears, right?"" She visibly shuddered after she imitated Yibo and like always Jiyang was laughing his ass off. "Why is it so funny everytime someone imitates him. Although, I have to say...no one does it better than my Yubin-ge. Ge, Are you tired of your mate yet? Let's run away."
Yubin hid behind A-Qing and sneered at the Omega from behind her. "Xuan! Your mate has gone insane." "I still love him",said Xuan making Yubin scowl and the group laughed at his reaction and Hua turned to her best friend. "Zi Yi...I think it's fixed. Zhan looks great." Zi Yi patted the bow tie she was fixing and blushed. "It looked a bit crooked." She walked slowly to her mate who wrapped his arm around her, kissing her cheek. "Seriously, A-Cheng. What did you impregnate her with? A child or OCD?", Zhan questioned his brother looking exasperated yet fond and Zhuocheng covered Zi Yi's belly protectively. "Don't mutter nonsense. He can hear everything now." Zhan smiled at his brother's words, gazing at Zi Yi's five month pregnant belly.

In the past, a pang of guilt and longing might have hit him but he didn't get that feeling any more. Zhan was afraid that Yibo might come to regret being with him. Being an Alpha, Yibo was expected to have a child and take over his pack but Zhan couldn't give him that. There had been nights when he sniffled into his mate's neck, apologising but Yibo had always smiled at him, saying that all he needed was Zhan. Zhan had a hard time dealing with the reality though. His Alpha had seen him staring at others who were expecting children with pain in his eyes and Yibo had held his hand. "All I need is you, Zhan-Zhan. If you want what they have, I will make that possible. You already know, all you have to do..is ask." So Zhan had. Zhan had asked Yibo if they could adopt a child and his mate had kissed his forehead while giving him a photograph. It was of a beautiful three-year old boy and Zhan had cried in his mate's arms that night happy beyond words. "Aiyo! Look at the love on his face. You are whipped, Zhan-Zhan." Zhan glared at Jiyang hearing the words but the others could see how happy Zhan was. A knock on the door had their heads turning and a small head peeked in. "Firecracker? Are you ready?" The group laughed again at the adorable four year old and Zhan rolled his eyes.

"A-Yuan! I told you to call me dad, not...that." The kid raised his eyebrow at him and spoke gently, "Dad calls you that. Why can't I?" Zhan sighed out loud at his son's ultimate weapon, the formidable pout. It was the one thing that worked effortlessly on him, Yibo, the Wangs and the entire Lan pack. "You can call me anything you want, pumpkin. Did dad send you here?" A-Yuan nodded at his father's words and ran to Xuan who immediately took him in his arms. "He asked me to tell you that he can't wait anymore." An "aww" came from behind Zhan and Zhan turned red. "Let's just go. What's the big deal in this?" He chose to ignore the muffled laughters behind him and walked forward fixing his suit jacket. He held his son's hand as he made his way to the clearing, the butterflies in his stomach restless and his heart thundering. "You look beautiful, dad. Daddy will be so happy." Zhan smiled at his son's words and placed a kiss on top of his head. "And is A-Yuan happy?" The child beamed at him nodding excitedly and when Zhan's eyes settled on his mate, his heart was finally at peace. Wang Yibo walked towards him with a smile on his face and Zhan felt his own lips curl at the sight. There was nothing better than the vision he saw now. "You were gone for too long." The words were whispered softly and Yibo kissed Zhan's lips, a soft look on his face. "Your son told me." The Alpha smiled at him and fist-bumped his son making everyone coo at the sight. The white flowers adorning the entire place were Zhan's favorite, the foods on the table were all he liked, they served his favorite wine and he was around his two favorite people in the world. There really wasn't anything more Zhan could ask for. He gave Yibo a look full of love and saw Yibo's eyes light up with happiness. Yibo took his hand and they joined the crowd, happy as they celebrated their mating which had happened a year ago.

The party was a huge blast with dancing, drinks and howling laughter echoing in the Lan territory. The pack members were all drunk, up to crazy things and Zhan laughed seeing He di and Wang An digging a hole into the ground so that they could hide the wine bottles. Xuan had a sleeping and snoring Jiyang on his lap and Yubin and A-Qing were trying to keep Yubin's third uncle from drinking anymore. The Wangs had finally congratulated Chun Hua for her marvellous arrangement and the woman was over the moon, looking equally happy and equally scared. Zhan found it amusing and took a picture sneakily. His uncle and aunt had come by to give their blessings and it was the first time Zhan felt his aunt sincerely wishing him happiness. It wasn't easy for her but she was making an effort for his uncle and Zhuocheng, the new Alpha of the Yunmeng Jiang pack. His brother was happier than ever before and was laughing more these days. Zhan had never imagined a future like this. A future where everyone was happy. Zhan thought of his mate and smiled knowing it was all because of Wang Yibo.

Xiao Zhan's eyes fell close when he felt Yibo's arms come around him and he leaned into the embrace, a content sigh leaving him. "Tired?", asked Yibo and Zhan gave him a monosyllabic, "No." A soft kiss was placed on Zhan's neck, right over the claiming mark and Zhan laughed. "Still marking your territory, Mr. Wang?" "I can see people staring at you. You are so beautiful, all of them want you. I have put up with it for the entire evening, they need to know you are mine." Zhan turned into his mate's arms and cupped Yibo's cheeks. "If from everyone you mean your uncle then I agree." Yibo huffed out a laugh and Zhan closed his eyes before kissing Yibo. It was slow. Unhurried. Full of love and need. "Thank you, for all of this", he whispered as they broke apart and saw Yibo grinning. "I should thank you. If you didn't come to see me a year ago in my office. I wouldn't have been this happy my entire life, Zhan." Zhan heard his mate's words and dropped another kiss on Yibo's mouth. "If you want to get technical, it was you taking back the alliance that started all this. So you deserve the credit." Yibo laughed again at his words and both thought of that day. "Aren't you glad you ended up with someone like me?",Zhan spoke smiling and Yibo's features morphed into a look of utter devotion. "I am glad it was you, Zhan-Zhan. My fiesty firecracker. If I could go back to that day I would just do one thing." "What?"  "I would kiss you breathless on my desk and mark you right there. I waited too long, Xiao Zhan. Don't take so much time in our next lives." Yibo hugged Zhan to him and breathed in the addictive scent of his mate. "You want another life with me?",Zhan whispered against Yibo's chest and the arms around him tightened. "I want all my lives with you. I will love you forever, Zhan-Zhan." "I will love you for longer than that, Yibo." The Alpha pulled away and Zhan saw Yibo's eyes glistening with happiness and love. "Care to go for a run? Maybe this time you will win." Yibo bit his lips in warning but Zhan laughed as he took his jacket off, shifting into a beautiful silvery, grey wolf. He was getting better and faster at it. The wolf looked back to Yibo and the beautiful amber eyes seemed to pull Yibo in. Yibo saw the laughter in those eyes. The wolf was smaller than Yibo's but extremely fast on its legs and it was gone in a flash, Yibo smiling as he saw it run. "Run as fast as you can, firecracker. I will always chase you down." The black wolf shifted and howled into the night as it took off after his mate. The night was young and the big wolf chased after his mate, excited and desperate to have his mate near him.
It was after a run and a wrestle in the woods that the Alpha pair sat near the brook on the flat stone. The tree behind them was engraved with a pair of deep claws marks and Zhan sat with his back to Yibo's chest as his mate sang a song. A song that spoke of unconditional love and happiness. "I love you, Wang Yibo", Zhan whispered softly and Yibo kissed his neck whispering, "I love you too, Xiao Zhan."