Ava's New Thing

Ava and I are like sisters, tied at the hip, share everything, and know each other's secrets. We fight yes, but let's get real - everbody does. Our relationship is like a metaphor, you have to be able to understand it to feel it. We more or less complete each other, and that's all I care about.

Let me cut right to the chase - I'm Laura Marano, your average 11th grade high school student. I have a good group of friends, a good job, and some decent grades. I'm known for a lot of things, but mostly for my writing. People say my writing empowers others to make informative and tough decisions, which is my one main goal.

Ava always told me to pursure what I love, but after a while she layed off, maybe realizing that it wasn't logical, and it wasn't. My parents always told me to be successful you have to go to school, go to college, invest in a career and make a living; apparently that's the ideal life. I know it sounds strict, but my dad's a professor and my mother owns a theatre and also teaches. I grew up with big expectations, ones that I feel I always need to live up to.

I'm lucky, I know that. To have what I have for such a little cost or misfotune makes me happy, it does, don't get me wrong, but there's something missing.

Before you go calling me greedy, just understand that I try my hardest to make things perfect, so in a way I think I deserve perfection, no?

Anyway, I'm missing love. Yes, I just came right out and said it, I'm not backing down. It's one week before a start to the new school year, and I honestly and truthfully don't know what I'm going to do. I always talk about how I dump so many guys over summer, but I haven't dated anyone in awhile, since my parents have me so busy with college applications. Yes, already, I know, it's quite early.

That's one thing Ava has on me. Her naturally highlighted blonde hair is beautiful and rare- it makes boys drool. Her eyes are huge, and brown, another winner. She's a volleyball star, so she's fit, and that's yet another winner. She checks off so many boxes where as I don't, and it seems like Ava always has a new boy toy hanging around, but she treats them good, for the week she's dating them.

Despite her crazy dating habits, she's my best friend. She's my everything, my rock, the one who catches me when I fall, I can't live without her.

I swore to myself that, yes even though I am her best friend, I need to date someone attractive, so attractive that there's no way she woudn't be jealous- but she makes it kind of hard when she destroys my plan before I even started.

Want to know how?

She met a rockstar, goes by the name Ross, Ross Lynch. Apparently it was love at first sight because three dates later she said that she's never been this happy. How fair. I spend almost all of my time with Ava when my parents aren't bugging me, and now I'll have to share her, and what's worse than sharing her with a rockstar? I'm not sure there is anything.

But I know one thing's for sure - It's August and I'm already falling behind, and if I know another, it's that I'm gonna really have to learn to like this Lynch guy if I'm going to be seeing him so often.

_________________________

a/n:

hey!

so this is the first chapter of my new story and i'm really excited :)

just one question; would you perfer both ross and laura POV or just Laura?

oh and also comment your thoughts, I want to know what you think!

much love,

haileexoxo