The Jealously Game

"Hey, don't touch my suitcase," Laura told me, slapping my hand away. I put my hands up in defence. "Sorry, I didn't know it was anything important, I thought it was just a suitcase," I said winking at her. Laura rolled her eyes. "Stop doing that," Laura argued. I furrow my eyebrows.

"Laura, I'm not doing anything!" I say, annoyed. She always accuses me of doing that kind of stuff. I'm not trying to flirt with her, I'm just trying to develop a flirty relationship. Those are always the best kind.

"Whatever. Look, you have an interview in five minutes, and Lydia is waiting for you, so you should get going," Laura said. "You should come," I tell her, and she looks at me, confused. "No way, I'm not cut out for all that press stuff," she says, and I laugh. I grab her arm and pull her off the bus. After all, today is our last day on this small tour. Might as well make the most of it before she has to go back to school.

"Heard from Ava lately?" I ask, trying to make small talk. "Yeah, why?"she says, annoyed. I sigh. "She's my ex girlfriend, I care about her," I mutter. "Sorry Ross, I know I'm in a bad mood, I just didn't get much sleep last night," Laura admits. "Why is that?" I question. Laura shakes her head. "Ava thinks we're dating," Laura huffed, and suddenly everything made sense.

"Why on earth would she think that?" I asked. Laura's eyes widened. "I think you can answer that for yourself," Laura said, walking away. I sighed. Might as well get this interview over with.

__________

Grabbing my lunch I walked into the cafeteria, and practically ran over to my table. "Uhm, are you okay?" my friend Hannah asked. I nodded. "Have you seen Ava?" I said, ducking my head under my lunch bag. "I'm right here, silly," Ava said, walking up to the table. She hugged me from behind. "Ava, oh hey, I've, uhm, been looking for you," I say, trying to sound realistic. "Well, of course you have! Sorry, I had a volleyball meeting, so I was a bit late, but I'm here! So, how's your boyfriend?" Ava squealed.

My eyes roll, without control. "Ava, we're not dating, just friends," I tell her sternly, and for the first time. Her hands slap on the table with her mouth dropping open. "What? But all of the videos-" she tried to say. "All of those videos represent friendship," I mutter. "Well, good, because I was going to ask Ross to get back together," Ava stated.

My salad flew from my mouth, as my eyes widened. "What?" I asked, confused. Ava laughs. "Yeah, Rocky broke up with me because ever since he saw you with Ross, he realized he had feelings for you," Ava said like it was nothing. "What are you talking about?" I almost yelled. Ava smiled sweetly. "Laura, honey, Rocky likes you, so I'm going back to Ross, okay?" she said sweetly. My blood boiled.

I stood up, my eyes watering, and blood rushing all throughout my body. The room became a blur as I felt anger overpower me and I threw my lunch bag on the table and ran out of the cafeteria. Ava cannot get back together with Ross, it just cannot happen. And since when does Rocky like me? I let a sigh fall from my lips and walk outside of the school, sitting on the grass and looking at the street in front of me.

I know I don't like Ross, but I do know that he deserves someone better than Ava. If she asks him out again, there's no way he'd turn her down, because he told me to my face how lonely it is being single.

"Something on your mind?" someone asked, sitting beside me. I turn my head to see Ross, my eyebrows furrowing. "What are you doing here?" I sighed, not willing to argue with him. He laughed. "I was driving by and saw you sitting on the grass. Was I not supposed to stop?" he smiled, and my heart kind of warmed, because he cares. Yeah, because he cares. "Well, you didn't have to, but thanks," I said, and he smiled. "It's no problem. So what did Ava do this time?" he asked, and I stifled a laugh. "She told me she wants to ask you out again and that Rocky likes me," I explained, while his eyes grew four times their size.