She's Good For You

"I, do, I do like you Ross," I barely got out before people starting gasping. A smile spread across his face and he stared deeply into my eyes.

"But you know we can't be together," I finished. Ross looked hurt, and began to question what just happened. "What are you talking about Laura?" Ross whispered. I sighed. I couldn't look at him because his face hurt me too much.

"Do you know what Ava would do to me? She would sabotage me, make my life miserable. I can't have that right now," I said, crossing my arms. Ross sighed. "Then maybe it's time to make up with her," he suggested. I narrowed my eyes thinking about the idea.

Ava did some pretty terrible things to me, but she had always been my best friend before they happened. I guess fights don't need to last forever, and it's the mature thing to do.

"Laura, you can't keep letting Ava get in the way of your happiness. Call me when you made a real decision. I really hope you say yes, because I'm going to make plans for our first date, and if you cancel, I'll have to take someone else," Ross winked before walking out the door.

I watched him leave before thinking about Ava again. Ross was right, it was about time to make up with her. I can't hold a grudge forever, and I need to know that, and hopefully she feels the same way.

"Hey, Ava?" I say, walking up to her and her group of volleyball friends who she started hanging out with when we had our fight. Ava turned around and looked at me like I was the ugliest thing she'd ever seen. "Why are you talking to me?" she sneered. "Don't you have a boyfriend to be with?" she frowned, knowing I just took her boyfriend. "Uhm, no, I uh, he's not my boyfriend," I stutter.

"Whatever Laura, I have better things to do than be putting up with your garbage," Ava said, trying to walk away. "No! Wait! Just, hear me out," I said, and Ava sighed, giving in.

"I really just want you to know that I never wanted our friendship to end so badly, and that I really want to try and fix this if you want to," I breathed, and waited for her to say something. Ava tucked her hair behind her ear, and looked back at her friends.

"Sure, you can eat with us tomorrow," she offered, and I frowned. "I meant something more along the lines of us hanging out just, you know, together," I mentioned, and Ava raised her eyebrows. "You either become a part of my group, or I have no use for you," she offered, and I almost fell backwards.

This isn't even close to the Ava I used to know. "If you're not willing to accept what I said, then I have no use for you." Ava laughed. "Fine by me, see if I care," she said, flipping me off and walking away with her other friends. I stood there, watching her walk away, thinking about what she'll do to me if I end up with Ross.

"Tough break," Rocky said, walking up beside me with Hannah. "Laura, you really deserve better friends than her," Hannah said, putting a hand on my shoulder. I bite my lip and pick up my phone. "My mom's here, I have to go guys," I say, walking away from them, not forgetting to wave.

____________

"Check it out! I made this in art class today, it's for you Laura!" Vanessa chirped. (a/n remember that instead of nessa being the older sister I switched it up and shes in elem school (: ) "I love it, thanks Vanessa!" I said, giving her a big hug. She smiled and walked into her room, just as my dad walked up to me.

"Need help with that calculus homework kiddo?" he asked, setting me down a glass of water. I happily took a sip of the water and smiled. "No, but I wanted to ask you a question," I said, turning to him. "Sure honey, what's up?" he said, sitting back on the couch.

"Well, do you remember my friend Ross?" I said shyly. Dad nodded. "You mean the famous one who helped your mom cook dinner a few weeks ago?" he asked, smirking. I nodded. "Yeah, that's him. Anyways, well, I wanted to say that-" "You like him?" my dad finished for me, eyeing me suspiciously. I gulped.