How Cute

Calculus class dragged on forever. I knew everything, and the more the teacher talked, the more my mind seemed to wonder off, further and further away from reality.

The bell rings, eventually, and I pack my stuff up, walking out of the class with Rocky, who is still pretty heartbroken about Ava, or so I think. "So, how are you?" I ask, walking down the hallway, not wanting to hurt his feelings. "Nothing, just, you know, trying to make it through the days, like always," he says, avoiding eye contact. "C'mon Rocky, you can talk to me," I say and he shakes his head. "Laura, you just don't understand," he said and I sigh. No, I guess I don't understand, but I do want to help.

"Sorry man, it's just, I want to help, but, you don't want my help,"  I said before walking over to my locker, Rocky following me. "Sorry Laur, I appreciate it, really, but," "I know, you're in love with her, and she's taken, I know, it sucks," I say, looking over to him. He looks to the ground. "I gotta get going," he says before walking away from me. I wish I could just tell Ava how he feels, but that would be wrong, very wrong.

"Hey Laur!" I hear a perky voice call my name. "Hi," I respond, turning my head to see Ava and Ross walking down the hall. Does he just live here now? "Watcha doing?" she asked, and I was resisting the urge to roll my eyes. "Going to class, excuse me," I said, trying to walk past them. "Wait, Laura! Want to come shopping with me later?" Ava asked, and I shook my head. "I have a shift, and two exams tomorrow, no can do," I said, shaking my head. She frowned.

Believe me, as much as I'd like to have more of a social life, I can't. My parents are forcing me to get jobs here and there, and study, study, study.

It's more trouble than I'm worth.

_______________

I couldn't help myself but decline Ava's invitation to go shopping after Laura declined. I really wanted to go back to that coffee shop, to watch that pretty little thing work.

She's just so real, and Ava's just so, well you know. Ava's one of those girls who typically exists in books, movies, or fairy tales even, but not Laura. You know, there's just something about Laura that I've never seen before, something genuine. She has a job, she studies hard, she's focused and she knows what she wants,

and it can't get any more real than that.

I met Ava the day after I broke up with my other girlfriend, and no, I don't regret ever meeting Ava, I quite like her, and I'm going to stay with her. I don't care about what I feel for Laura, maybe I see her as attractive, but maybe all it's gonna be is a friendship, because I would never date my girlfriend's best friend.

That's like illegal in a guy's dating dictionary.

As I walk into the coffee shop, she's sitting by the till, reading a book, and a smile spreads across my face. How cute.

I sit down, and she then notices me, and grabs her notepad, and walks over. How cute. "Hey, what can I get cha?" she asks, casually. I smile. "I'm in the mood for some coffee, black, no sugar," I say, and she scribbles it down. How cute, man she's just so cute.

But it's all ruined when a bunch of cameras start flashing in my face, and I turn around to see the paparazzi flashing their cameras through the window, taking pictures of Laura and I, and I internally groan. "What's wrong? You think this will blow up? Ross Lynch smiling at unknown waitress makes fans wonder if his new relationship will last!" Laura says, with a fake shocked expression on her face, and I laugh a little. "Just don't want drama with Ava, that's all," I say, as Laura sits down beside me, and even more flashes go off.

"Eh, who cares, Ava would be happy that we're talking to each other. Her last two boyfriends I hated. One I dumped a plate of spaghetti on, and one threw a pie at me," Laura admits, doodling on her notepad.

"That sounds pretty rough," I comment, and she nods. "Ava has trouble keeping relationships, what about you?" she asks. "I have trouble staying interested, all the girls I date are all the same, it's gotten boring," I say. She smiles. "Yeah, I get it, you've all dated so much, but if I'm being honest here, I've never been on a real date. The best I've experienced is a date with a picnic and I only got bit by two wasps," she sighs, and I start laughing. "All your dates have been that bad?" I ask her, and she nods, laughing with me.

"Well, I'll take you somewhere so that we can fix that," I say, smiling.

"What?" she asks.

Oops?

___________________

hey guys vote and comment ilysm and it's my birthday tomorrow so I wont be updating tomorrow or anything so here ya go a cute little chapter. enjoy your weekend!

COMMENT!!!

love,

haileexoxo