Dropped Jaw

Saturday rushes at work are always the worst. It's loud, and we often run out of coffee to brew. I remember always having to work Saturday shifts because often I'm the only waitress that can handle the rush.

But, what I find odd is that the café is dead, not one person in here. It's like a rival coffee shop opened up across the street and is stealing away all of our business. But, I already looked across the street, and it's just the same old antique shop that's been there since I started here.

I put my notepad down, and began scrubbing the tables for the third time today, even though no one's eaten on them.

"Working hard?" Ava asked, walking into the shop with Rocky. "Or hardly working? That's the question," I said bluntly and walked over to them. "Isn't this place super busy on Saturday," Rocky asked, sitting down. I shrug. "Thought so, but I guess it depends on the type of Saturday," I say, grabbing Ava a strawberry milkshake and Rocky an iced coffee. It's their favourites. "Want to hang out with us today, Laur?" Ava asked and I glanced at Rocky, who was staring at me waiting for an answer. "Uhm, well, I'm working, and I-" "Oh please, there's no one here, c'mon, just come with us," Ava said, and I shrugged. "Okay, just let me close up shop."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The mall has never been my favourite place to go, ever. Every once and awhile I come here when I'm not studying, but then again, when am I not studying? I guess right now, but anyways, that's not the point.

I haven't spent quality best friend time with Ava since she started dating Ross, so it made me happy that she invited me along. "Laura, what do you think of this outfit? Won't Ross love it?" she asked, as I resisted the urge to roll my eyes. "Oh, totally," I said, faking my happiness. "You okay, you kind of seem annoyed every time I bring up Ross or something to do with Ross," she said and I shrugged. "I just wish that you could maybe focus on us, Laura and Ava rather than Ava and Ross, just for today," I said. Her face softened. "Sorry Laur, he just, really makes me happy, and I think he might be the one," Ava said, giggling a little and my eyes widened. "The one? Ava, we're only 18, that's a big decision to make," I said and she laughed a little. "Don't worry Laura, when I make my decisions I'm sure of them, and I'm sure that Ross and me will last for a very long time," she said, looking at other clothes.

"Uhm, yeah, but what about Ross? What if he's not ready to talk that far into the future?" I asked. "Well, if he isn't, I'll just wait for him," she said, and I dropped my purse. "Wait? Ava, where did this come from, you don't wait for people, you date and dump," I said, and Ava glared at me. "I used to, but my heart feels something different for Ross," Ava said. I wanted to ask if it was because he's famous, but that would be low of me, especially to ask my best friend that. "Come on, let's go find Rocky," I said, and Ava agreed, walking out of the store.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rocky was at the food court, eating a hot dog while playing a game on his phone. He hates shopping, but loves the mall. I'm not sure what sense that makes but, Rocky doesn't make sense either so in a way it does make sense. We went to join him and he gave me the rest of his hot dog. "Thanks," I said before devouring it, because I was extremely hungry. "So, what did you buy? Anything for me?" Rocky asked, and we laughed. "We didn't buy anything for ourselves, let alone you," Ava laughs, and he laughs with us. In the midst of our laughing fit, someone walks up to us, and the voice is completely recognizable.

"Uh, hey guys," he says, and Ava freaks out. "Ross! What are you doing here? I missed you," she says, hugging him, and he laughs, hugging back. "Missed you too, Avs," he said, but then locked eyes with me, and let her go. I frowned. "Ava texted me to meet you guys here an hour ago, but I was doing an interview, so I'm a bit late," Ross explains. I sat quietly, eating my hot dog and feeling bad for Rocky because now Ava's boyfriend is here. Poor guy.

"Ross, we should totally go to the music store, right now!" Ava said, pulling Ross' arm, making him almost trip, twice. "Sorry Rocky, I know this must suck," I said. I feel really bad for him. Really bad. "It's okay, I'm used to it," he sighs, and looks at the floor.

"Let's go and catch up to them, before Ava freaks out," I said, pulling Rocky up. He laughed and we walked over to the music store, talking and laughing. We walked inside and the giant piano called my name. I sat on the bench and played a quiet melody. "You're still so good," Ross commented. I smiled. "Thanks," I say. "Hey Laura, I have a huge piano involved song lined up to be my next single, I would love for you to be the one to perform it," Ross said, and my jaw dropped. "What?" Ava and I both asked. "Wouldn't I be going places with you like everywhere to perform 'said' song," I said and Ross nodded, while Ava's jaw dropped further. "Yeah, you'll tour with me for a bit. Perform at some award shows, then it's over, please Laura, you have to do it," he asked, and Ava glared at me. I gulped.

"Really? Me?" I ask, and Ross nodded, taking in my eyes. I smile widely at him. "I'd love to," I say, and continue playing piano, only this time with Ross, leaving Ava to stand there, hoping her mouth doesn't catch flies.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

a/n: hioo guys. sorry its not edited. tbh I ship rocky and laura in real life and in this fanfic but that's ok lol. anyways, laura is playing piano for ross and ava doesn't like that whaaaaat -- love you guys see you next update

-haileexoxo