Picnic in the Moonlight

I'm worried, worried beyond belief. What if he doesn't like my hair? What if he thinks I'm underdressed? He's dated some of the most famous celebrities and I'm not exactly that glamorous.

I took a deep breath and looked at myself in the mirror, turning around like a princess. Here I am, standing in blue skinny jeans, a white t-shirt and converse, because it's the nicest laid back thing I own. My hair fell to my shoulders in natural waves, and my makeup was very minimal.

I honestly thought I looked okay, but I'm dressing for Ross Lynch, and I know that half the girls on the earth are jealous of me at the moment, or at least they would be if they knew what was going on.

"Hey Mr. Marano," I heard someone say from downstairs. I froze, and watched my eyes widen in the mirror I was facing.

He was here.

I blinked rapidly, and started pacing. Should I go down there? No. I should stay put, my dad will come and get me, my mind answered. I shake my head my head and fall onto my bed. Why did I agree to this? I'm not even worthy of going on one date with him, let alone more.

If one thing is for sure it's that he won't want to go on any more with me after this.

I sigh and decide that one way or another, I need to face him, and I can't just bail out last minute. I slowly open up my door and walk into the hallway, and sit at the top of the staircase and listened to my dad and Ross talking.

"So, young man? Are you excited?" my dad asked, and I waited for Ross's response. "Yeah, I really, really like your daughter," Ross said, more hesitantly, mainly because he was talking to my father, and he probably didn't know that my dad supported us completely.

I breathed deeply, gathered all of my courage that was lying on the floor and took each step one foot at a time, trying not to allow my nerves to make myself fall down the stairs.

Once I reached the bottom, Ross immediately stood up, smoothing out his shirt, and my dad smiled at me, and watched Ross approach me. Ross looked nervous, but he smiled so brightly it guaranteed made me six thousand times more nervous than him.

"Uhm, wow, Laura, I- I don't know what to say," he stuttered. I blushed and smiled at him. "You're the most gorgeous girl that I've ever seen," he got out, his cheeks flushing pink. I cheeks turned beat red as I smiled. "You're the most handsome polite boy I've ever seen," I flirted, and he proudly smiled, offering me his hand. I was slowly starting to feel more comfortable.

"Well, you two have a great night," my dad wished, as we walked out the door. "Thanks dad," I smiled, and Ross waved to him before he disappeared behind the door.

"So, where are we going?" I finally asked. Ross smiled. "The best girl deserves the best date, so I'm taking you to the park!" he smiled, and I furrowed my eyebrows. "Ross? It's 8:00 and it's dark outside, why are we going to the park?" I asked, and he smiled.

"You'll see," he said.

__________________

"A moonlight picnic? How did you know that this was the one date I always wanted to go on?" I asked, sitting down on the blanket. He sat down beside me and wrapped his arm around me. "Well, Ava told me," he said, and I nodded my head. "She's the only one who knew, so it would make sense," I laughed, as Ross began to pour drinks.

"Apple juice?" he asked, holding it up to me in a fancy wine glass. I laughed and took it. "Why thank you," I said, as we clanked our glasses together and took a drink. "So, what do you have planned?" I asked, as he set a plate with salad, a yummy looking hamburger, and some fries down in front of me.

"Things and stuff, mostly stuff," he laughed and threw a grape at me. "Hey!" I yelled and threw one at him, and it hit him square in the forehead. I tried to hold in my laugh, and so did he, but eventually we both broke out in smiles.

Once I finished my food, Ross stood up and held out his hand. "Do you want to dance with me?" he asked, his blonde hair shining in the brightness of the streetlamp. I giggled. "I would love to," I smiled, standing up and taking his hand as he pulled me over to the open grass.

He had turned on his phone to provide music.

"Really? One of your songs?" I said, giggling. He shrugged. "I thought it was romantic," he whispered, and I blushed, leaning my head on his shoulder, smiling, and breathing, and having fun. Who knew you could do all three at the same time.

_______________________

"Laura? You okay? You've been zoning out for like ten minutes already," Rocky said, waving his pencil in my face.

I shake my head. "Sorry, I just can't stop thinking about it," I whispered. "Thinking about what?" Rocky asked, and I smiled. "My date with Ross," I blushed, just thinking about it. I felt like a princess, like as if I was the only girl in the world.

He made me feel so special, so special to him. He made me want to live for everything that I have, and I've never felt that before. "Ah, you went on your date with him?" Rocky said, suddenly interested. "Yeah, and it was amazing," I said, dreamily. "I can tell," he nodded, picking his pencil up to do another problem, but the bell stops him.

I pick up my things and exit the classroom and go to my locker, only to see a huge smile and a head of blonde hair. "Ross?" I said, running into his open arms. "Hey Laura," he breathed, hugging me, making me feel safe and loved.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, opening my locker. "I had such a great time last night that I wanted to take you somewhere after school," he smiled, and my heart warmed.

"Ross, I'd love to, but I have a whole bunch of calculus homework because I spent all of class daydreaming about our date," I said, not regretting anything.

"Oh, well, how about I help you?" he offered and I raised my eyebrow at him. "You, with math?" I asked and he laughed.

"Okay cool fine. But I have news!" he said, leaning against my locker door like all the teenage boys in the movies do. "What?" I asked curiously.

"I got singed to a different label!" he said happily, and I smiled widely. "Ross! That's amazing!" I said, hugging him again.

"Yeah, I really think it's gonna be the label that really puts my image out there positively, you know?" he said and I smiled.

"But that also means you're going to be touring more," I sighed and Ross laughed. "Sadly it's part of the job, but it won't be for awhile! And you can always come along!" Ross said with a big smile.

And even though I was up in the clouds, living some sort of dream, I had to remember that the guy I'm dating is a rockstar. Most girls would be flattered, and trust me it's amazing, but I don't want him to leave.

I just need to stay positive. If Ross is the guy for me it'll all work out. After all, I've never felt more safe in a guys arms before Ross.

He makes me feel like I can fly.

_________

heyyyyyy!

so i know this is kind of a late update, but I really like it. I think it's super cute and fun!

but there may be some drama up ahead 😁

anyways shoutout to basically my favourite person ever ROStarbuckS bc we've been talking and we've become really good friends!!! GO AND READ HER STORIES BECAUSE THEYRE AMAZING OMG

like honestly she's to talented!!

so I hope you enjoyed the update and yeahhhh! seeya next time!

oh and if any of you live in europe, you're lucky bc r5 is coming your wayyyyy!!

yeah, well, much love,

haileexoxo

Instagram: r5.converses