What's Your Answer?

"So, do you want to grab something to eat? Laura's working late today, I  bet she'll give us a discount," Ava offered. I shrug. "Can we go somewhere else though? I don't really think it's a good idea for us to go there," I quickly said. "Come on Ross, just because Laura and I aren't besties anymore doesn't mean that she won't be a sweetheart to me," Ava smiled.

"Get over yourself," I quietly muttered. "What?" Ava asked. "Nothing," I quickly replied, strumming my guitar.

I've been dropped from my record label for almost a month now, and I've gotten no calls from others in regards to pick me up as an artist. "Look, Ava, I have somewhere I need to be, do you mind if I go?" I asked, and her eyes saddened. "But, what about dinner?" Ava asked. I sighed. "Another day, I promise," I say, before going to the door and leaving.

______________________

"Rocky! Hey! Is Laura here today?" I yelled towards him while trying to fend off the attention that was being thrown at me by every single girl. "Woah, dude, calm down. Yeah, Laura's here, but she's in a meeting for the student council. I wouldn't suggest interrupting, she's really serious about that stuff," Rocky warned.

I ran my hand through my hair and huffed. "I made the wrong choice man," I admitted, leaning beside his locker. Rocky nodded. "Yeah, she told me that you went back to Ava, and it's also all over the news," Rocky stated. I frowned. "What's all over the news?" I asked. "The fact that you got dropped, you know? Like a month ago? Ring a bell?" Rocky said, snapping his fingers. I sighed. "Yeah, it rings a few bells. It's not like I'd just forget one of the worst days of my life," I said annoyed, and Rocky backed up a bit.

"Rocky! I have your calculus textb- Oh, uhm, hi Ross," Laura said awkwardly, trying not to make it seem weird between us. "What are you doing here?" Laura asked, handing Rocky his calculus textbook. I shrugged. "Came to ask Rocky a favor," I said, faster than I'd hoped. Laura slowly nodded her head. "So, you came all the way to my school to ask Rocky a favor, while at the same time risking public humiliation because you were just dropped," Laura questioned.

There was no point in denying the fact that Laura knew me really well, and that she knew there was more to my story than what I was saying. We spent a lot of time with each other, so she knows when I'm lying, which is unfortunate for me.

"Yeah, doesn't sound that bad, does it?" I asked, and Laura stared a hole right through me. "What's really going on Ross?" she questioned, and I froze, while Rocky turned his head towards me. "Nothing, look, I swear, nothing's going on," I said, trying to cover up why I had come here, which was to get Rocky's advice on whether or not I should break up with Ava again or not, to be with Laura.

"Well, whatever, happy to see you, but I've got to go," Laura said, waving to Rocky and walking away. I blink a few times before calling out her name. "Laura, wait!" I yelled, drawing extra attention to myself. She slowly turned around to face me. "What now Ross?" she asked, and I hesitantly smiled. "I, I just, wanted to tell you something," I said, breathing in deeply. Laura rolled her eyes slightly.

I've broken her heart, so I'm sure that she's probably done with me, I mean, it makes sense. "What?" she asked, annoyed. "I'm, I'm, I like you, a lot," I blurted out, and everyone in the hallway gasped, including Rocky.

"What? Ross?" she asked, at a loss for words. I shake my head. "It's the truth Laura, you can't stop me from telling the truth," I say, before walking closer to her.

"Ross, you can't, you have a girlfriend," Laura said, moving away form me a little. "Don't care," I said, and Laura's eyes widened.

"Don't care?" a voice from behind said. I turned around to see Ava standing there, tears streaking down her face, and my heart broke. "Well, if that's how you feel then I guess that's that. Is this what I get Laura? This is what I get for moving on from our friendship? Another stab in the back and trying to steal my boyfriend? Is that really what you're about?" Ava frowned and crossed her arms.

Laura pushed past me, towards Ava. "Don't even think about accusing me. It's Ross's feelings, not mine! He said he liked me, and that's not entirely my fault!" Laura yelled at her ex best friend. "Do you even like him?" Ava yelled, much louder than Laura.

And then suddenly, the room was silent. You could hear the time slipping by, slowly, yet faster than anything you'd ever seen before. I'm not sure if I've ever felt something like this in my entire life. The emotion in this room is so thick, it's as if you could cut it with a knife.

You could see Laura thinking. She was asking herself what to do. She's confused, probably for the first time in her life. Someone that smart must not get confused very often.

Not to mention how I was feeling. I was waiting for the girl I'm almost in love with to admit whether or not she likes me, and if the eyes aren't on Laura, they're on me, sadly.

Laura blinked, her eyes needing relief from her constant thinking. She doesn't have an answer, but there's no way she's getting out of here without giving one. Laura tucked her hair behind her ear ,and opened her mouth, but nothing came out.

Ava stood there, staring her down, as if it was only Laura and her, alone, on another planet. Her arms were crossed, and she was taking the odd glance at Laura's hands, to see if they indicated anything.

Laura then shook her head. "I can't do this. Not in front of so many people," Laura stammered. I felt bad for her, really bad. I mean, who would want to admit their feelings for someone in front of a crowd, you know, if she does have feelings. Ava laughed.

"Really? So is that a yes or a no?" she cackled, like she was enjoying it. I'm not sure anyone is enjoying it. "I'm not answering!" Laura yelled. I sighed, feeling more awful by the minute. "Ava stop," I deadpanned.

"What? Are you going to stop this? She has to answer Ross, you know it," Ava sneered, and I rolled my eyes. "No, she doesn't," I sneered right back. I could see Laura looking at me out of the corner of my eye, and she looked terrified.

She knows I want her. She knows I want her bad. There's nothing I can do about that, but I have no clue what she feels for me after I hurt her, and I wouldn't blame her if she didn't want to admit anything, because I deserve that.

"Everyone just needs to stop," Laura yelled, and Ava and I looked over to her. "Ross, thanks, but Ava's right, I'm not sure I can leave here without answering," she said, looking down.

"So? What's your answer then?" I asked, running up to her, putting my hand on her face.

"I-

______________________

SORRY IM SOSOSOSO SORRY

ITS BEEN 12 DAYS SINCE THE LAST UPDATE AND I FEEL TERRIBLE ABOUT IT!!!

but hey, this wasn't bad was it? lol im sorry for the cliffhanger.

CONGRATS TO MY BALL OF SUNSHINE ROSS!!! but laura didn't win and that makes me really sad bc she's my queen and she deserved it.

anyways, COMMENT because like I always say, I want to know what you guys think and I love talking to you guys.

ILYASMMMMMMM!!! THE NEXT UPDATE WILL BE SOONER I PROMISE I LOVE YOU GUYS OK IM OUT :)

much love,

haileexoxo

insta- r5.converses