Chapter 48 Buying a car and buying a shop

Zhou Jing accompanied Shen Mo to Wang Gui's house to return the mule cart. Wang Gui greeted them with a smile when he saw them, " Why are you back so late today?" You can count the rental car money for the past few days."

Except for the first few days, the weekly period is daily, and after that, it is half-monthly or monthly. No matter how good he is today, he won't account for any day, and suddenly he will pay him. Although it was strange in his heart, Wang Gui didn't ask. After all, he said that if he didn't need his mule cart, he told him the night before that he could arrange for the next day to not travel. Uncle Wang himself is not a talkative man. Since the Zhou family didn't tell him not to use a mule cart, he will still use it tomorrow, and it's not too much.

Zhou Jing and Shen Mo came out of Wang Gui's house and planned to go home and ask a few words, but they didn't expect to meet Aunt Shen leading Wang Dali walking back and forth at the gate of his house. This is the first time I have seen their mother and son since Wang Dali came to the Zhou family to propose marriage.

Aunt Shen was very embarrassed, her face flushed red, she shrank her neck, and rubbed her hands together, as if she had returned to the poor and desolate times of the past, she couldn't even afford the meat buns of two cents, so she could only smell it.

Shen Mo didn't show any special appearance, and still said gently: "Is Aunt Shen here to deliver the duck? If so, you will catch the duck and I will have someone weigh it."

"Yes, yes." Aunt Shen was timid Looking at Shen Mo timidly, seeing that Shen Mo's face was the same as usual, and Zhou Jing was not as stern as the matchmaker said that day, but still had an extraordinary bearing, he felt that this was the bearing of a big man, and he didn't bother to care about them. , my heart relaxed.

"Then I'll go back and catch the ducks for you."

With just these two sentences, the door of the Zhou family was opened from the inside, and it was Shen Lin who stuck his head out.

"Brother, brother, I heard your voice at the door, how is it going?"

Shen Lin asked, and with a casual glance, she was actually facing Aunt Shen and Wang Dali. This time, the tension that Shen Da Niang Wang Dali had just relaxed came back in an instant, and she was so cautious that she didn't know how to place her hands and feet.

"Then, that...Shen Lin is also there." Unexpectedly, Wang Dali was so embarrassed that he came up with such a sentence. It was even more embarrassing to say that, where could Shen Lin be without the Zhou family.

Shen Lin was stunned for a moment, and only after realizing it, he replied 'um'.

"What's the matter, Xiaolin?" Wang Ren felt Shen Lin's instantly stiff and unnatural body behind Shen Lin, and squeezed out from behind. Seeing that it was Aunt Shen's mother and son who made Shen Lin unusual, Wang Ren's face sank immediately.

After all, Aunt Shen Wang Dali didn't do anything this time. He didn't want to get angry with them directly, so he grabbed Shen Lin's hand and protested silently.

Zhou Jingdao: "Wang Ren happens to be with you. Xiaomo and I will go to the town to buy something in a while. You and Shen Lin will take care of the family. By the way, Aunt Shen is here to deliver the ducks. You watch and weigh them. Brother Yinqian has them. , let him take care of how much he wants, and I'll calculate with him when I come back."

Wang Ren agreed, inexplicably excited, the two brothers Shen Mo and Chen Lin always felt that something was weird, but they just couldn't figure out what was wrong.

Aunt Shen has been for a while now, and her first reaction turned out to be 'Oh my God, how much money Shen Lin has earned with the Zhou family, she can even pay for her ducks, a hundred ducks is not a small sum' .

Because he had a holiday with several other families in the village who had mule carts, Zhou Jingshenmo went directly to the neighboring village to charter a car, and the old man who picked up the cheap was overjoyed. Laughing at the broken heads of those families with mule carts in Wangjia Village, they pushed such a big customer out.

Before Zhou Jing and Shen Mo left for a while, Aunt Shen brought the ducks. Wang Ren and Shen Lin calculated the money for the weighing, not a pound or a penny, they were very happy, and there was no difficulty in their attitude or words.

Aunt Shen thought that the Zhou family didn't care about this matter, and she was happy to relax completely.

"It's nothing, I'll go first, maybe I can catch a batch of ducklings in the town, hurry up and don't delay your family's affairs." Aunt Shen held the heavy silver, and she was very happy. This is good. The harvest in the field is not good this year, but her family has Zhou Jing's business. After a year, let alone make up for the loss in the field, it is estimated that there will be a lot left. Maybe we can take advantage of this Chances are, he can also tell his son a girl from a good family.

Aunt Shen put away the money, looked up and saw a few men busy in the Zhou family's yard, laughed loudly and said: "The Zhou family is building a house again? It's short of manpower, I'll ask my son to help you. Take the handle." He said to her son without asking Shen Lin's opinion: "I'll go back by myself in a while, and you'll be here to help. How can we say that our two also have business dealings. Today's wages are here. I don't need it at the level, let's figure it out."

Aunt Shen winked at Wang Dali, meaning it was done. When they came, the two discussed at home that they wanted to come to Zhou's house to work. The temptation of thirty pennies a day was too much for Shen's family. However, it would not be clear about the attitude of the Zhou family, Aunt Shen was just talking about it. Today, one is to send ducks, and the other is to explore the customs of Zhou's family. Seeing that the Zhou family seemed to have forgotten about this matter, Aunt Shen really felt that it was over. He has returned to his previous attitude.

"Hey, okay." Wang Dali rubbed his hands together happily. "Isn't it just a matter of strength, we have what we have, so we should help."

Wang Dali said three steps and took two steps to walk over, but was blocked by Wang Ren.

Wang Ren was clearly smiling, but that smile was inexplicably cruel.

"No need."

"Ah?" Wang Dali couldn't react for a while, and looked at his mother stupidly. Aunt Shen was also stunned, looking at Shen Lin for unknown reasons. It's a matter, isn't it a turn over?

Shen Lin didn't look at them at all, and turned his face to the side.

Wang Ren said: "I forgot to say just now, we will not accept the next batch of your ducks."

"No!" Aunt Shen cried sharply.

Wang Ren looked at her coldly.

"Yes, I won't accept it. Aunt Shen remember what it said on the contract. If the Zhou family is dissatisfied with the ducks you sent, they have the right to inform you that the next batch of ducks is not required during the inspection of this batch of ducks. Yes, don't forget how Wang Fa was terminated from the contract. Also, my brother-in-law's house is currently lacking people, but you don't need your house. Remember that any good things that come with the Zhou family in the future will not be yours.

Aunt Shen didn't look at Wang Ren, but stared straight at Shen Lin: "Shen Lin, what do you say about this? The business is yours, not Wang Ren's." Shen

Lin didn't look at him, and said indifferently, "Brother When I left, I entrusted this matter to Brother Ren, and naturally Brother Ren was in charge."

It turned out that this stubble didn't pass, it wasn't that the Zhou family didn't care, but they were waiting for her here.

She knew the process of Wang Fa's termination of the contract. She was there at the time and knew that the contract clearly stated that she could not.

But, the fields are over. If the Zhou family loses their business, what will her family do?

Aunt Shen is really stupid.

A pat on the thigh actually sat on the ground crying.

"What is the life of our orphans and widowed mothers? We have been doing good business for two days, and we are diligent and diligent. I don't know who to offend.

Aunt Shen was crying and crying as if Wang Ren and Shen Lin had bullied her, and she really wanted to take advantage of the situation. After all, there are so many villagers working for the Zhou family in the yard now. She thought that she would cry and make trouble, relying on the old to sell the old, and the Zhou family would be afraid of people's words. The 'morality' in the mouths of the villagers had to continue the business with her. go down. It is even very possible that to appease her, leave her son to work.

Unexpectedly, Zhou Jing recruited all of his own people this time, all of them relatives who were turning a corner with Wang Ren. Wang Ren himself is a reasonable person. The friends he made and the relatives who were willing to help exchanges were also his temperament.

Hearing the noise here, I took the guy in my hand and came over.

"What's the matter, cousin, is this trying to defraud you?" Zhao Dazhuang asked in a vicious voice.

Wang Ren smiled but said, "I'm afraid it's true." "Dare!" Zhao Dazhuang raised his eyebrows, "Bullying our family, you have the guts, brothers, gag

me and throw it out."

A man was greeted, and he came up to the ground with his hands and feet. He didn't give Aunt Shen and his son a chance to speak. One of them stuffed a dirty rag in his mouth and threw it out of the gate.

Don't look at Wang Dali's tall and strong appearance, it's useless, he can't stand the crowd, it's like playing with him.

The embarrassed appearance of the mother and son was seen by the people in the village, and they thought of the well-known story about the big-faced mother and son going to Zhou's house to propose marriage. He covered his mouth with a smile and said some sarcastic words.

Madam Shen's mother and son got up and lost all face. In her early years, Aunt Shen had a bad family life because the man died early, and she had to save face all her life, but she didn't expect to be confused because of her own old age. If something happened, everything would be ruined.

When I got home, I almost cried my eyes out. I refused to eat for a few days, but it was useless. This incident has made her fully realize that Zhou Jing will never reach out to help her even with a single stitch.

Shen Lin asked Wang Ren: "Just send her away like this, you are not afraid that my brother will come back and blame you for making an opinion."

Wang Ren smiled and said, "No, since my brother left the matter to me, he should have guessed that I would do it. After all, no man can't bear the feeling of being bullied by his husband."

Zhou Jing and Shen Mo rushed to the town and headed straight for the bull market. Although it is called a bull market, it does not only sell cattle, but also mules and donkeys.

Mules are the cheapest, because they can't reproduce, and they have a lifespan of several decades, but they range from three to five. Donkeys are next, seven or eight. The most expensive is cattle, ranging from 13 taels to 15 taels.

Zhou Jing took a fancy to a heifer. The calf's hair was shiny and softly attached to its back. Especially compared with other cows in the market, it looked particularly energetic.

"Let's buy a cow. Relatively speaking, cows are mild-mannered. You and your younger brother can drive me more at ease. After all, if the business gets bigger and bigger in the future, I won't be able to follow you all the time to drive the car for you. "

Shen Mo also saw that cows are very rare. In fact, he is simply a rarity. In the past, the conditions of the family were not good. When he saw other people's mule carts, he was envious, let alone a cow.

Shen Mo liked to touch the heifer's head directly, probably because he felt Shen Mo's love, the heifer didn't resist, but lightly rubbed his palm to show his affection. This time, Shen Mo really liked it so much, he turned his head and looked at Zhou Jing's expression and said that I want it.

Seeing this, the man who sold the cow said: "This calf is related to your husband. Don't look at it, just buy it. You can see the body hair and spirit, you know that the body is very good, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it.

" I don't know how much silver you plan to sell?" Zhou Jing asked.

"Fourteen taels." The man's price was a little nervous. The price was a little high. If he filled in another one or two to buy a large adult cow, he could also buy a good one.

Zhou Jing frowned slightly and said, "It's expensive."

The man also knew that he had been in the market for a few days, and he had not sold at this price. He knew that no one would be willing to spend a few days. Buy a calf at this price. Not just a little downcast.

He gritted his teeth and said, "This little brother, to tell you the truth, this calf was born by my big ox, and I didn't intend to sell it. The business has suffered a loss recently, and I still have 14 taels to pay, otherwise I would not sell it anyway. Now I plan to find a good family for it, and my mother-in-law and I will go back to our hometown."

Zhou Jing Looking at his dress and his attitude, he does not look like a peasant family, but a bit like a businessman. In addition, his expression was sincere, the pain was deep, and he didn't lie.

Shen Mo is the calf in the truth, and if it is expensive, it will cost you a tael of silver. A tael of silver used to be a big deal, but now Zhou Jing is willing to spend a tael of silver to buy a happy husband and help a person in distress.

"We want it." Zhou Jing said simply.

The man suddenly burst out laughing and thanked him again and again. "I still have a ready-made carriage here. I will think about it for my own use, and I will find someone to customize it. Originally, I planned to sell the ox carriage. It is enough for me to repay the debt, so I will give it to you."

The carriage is not luxurious, but it is very practical.

Shen Mo happily took it over and put the heifer in the carriage, and the heifer honestly let Shen Mo cover it, very well-behaved. Shen Mo's heart was melted by its appearance.

"It's so cute."

"As long as you like it." Zhou Jing said: "By the way, you are doing business in the town. Let me ask you something. There is no good tooth shop here. I plan to look at the shop."

On the way here, Zhou Jing discussed with Shen Mo. However, if the price is right, buy a store. It is also convenient to do things this way, and it is also convenient to deliver goods, and there is no need to be afraid of not leaving the stall on a cloudy and rainy day.

The man scratched his head and said embarrassedly: "Actually, I'm not a local, I'm from a neighboring town. I came here because I was doing business. It didn't take a few days to lose everything. But I've heard others say, what is it called? Ann's tooth shop is good, the middle price is not much, and it's affordable, don't hide any advantages and disadvantages, just say it directly. What is Ann's name, I forgot, you can ask again."

"Okay, thank you. ."

After Zhou Jing left, the man suddenly remembered that the business was in Sheng'an, and there was another one in the town. Although there is a word difference, the business of the two shops and merchants is very different. One tells the truth, does not hide the advantages and disadvantages, one can hide it, and one can cheat. The classic quotation is telling the truth, can you still buy it?

Shen Mo pointed at the carriage and said: "We are the only one in the village, and their mule and donkey carts don't have it."

Zhou Jing smiled and said, "In the future, we will only have more, and the days It will get better and better. Let them know that Shen Mo is a twin, he has a good life, and his boss loves him."

Shen Mo was a little awkward, as if he wanted to ask but was afraid that Zhou Jing would be angry, and he was very worried if he didn't ask. After thinking about it, I still asked.

"Brother Jing, Zhong Langzhong also said that my body is at a loss, don't talk about a boy, it is very likely that I won't even have a child." Shen Mo spoke cautiously, as if testing Zhou Jing, but he also had his own bitterness.

Zhou Jing didn't feel that Shen Mo didn't trust him even after the two had been together for so long, and it was an angry thing not to know his intentions. On the contrary, as he got along for a long time, he became more aware of Shen Mo's past, understood the customs of this dynasty, and knew that the people here had a devilish obsession with incense, and he could only cherish Shen Mo.

He couldn't hold him in front of so many people, for fear of being pointed out, he gently rubbed his head, rubbing the head of the child tolerantly like an elder.

"Silly Xiaomo, to tell you the truth, in my hometown, the attachment to the boy has become very weak. Many people have only one daughter, and they don't know how happy they are. Besides, in my hometown, there are only men and Only women can have children. Like the two of us, it is impossible to have children at all. So when I was with you, I never thought about asking you to have children. We don't have to force it. He is not necessarily worse than his own."

Shen Mo didn't know if what Zhou Jing said was true, and thought that Zhou Jing was lying to him, after all, in his knowledge, there were twins from a long time ago. The existence of the twins and the man and the girl coexist, how could they not. So he was so moved that he couldn't do it, he rubbed his nose, endured the sourness, and spoke with a smile.

"Brother Jing, you can take a ride in the bullock cart. I'll drive the car for you today." Zhou Jing also smiled and said, " Okay

, but I won't go in. I'll sit outside and talk to you."

After catching up with the road, the sound of the hooves of the cows was so crisp and pleasant.

People in the past who saw the ox cart give way early, especially the one with the carriage, all know that only rich people have it.

Bullock carts are very luxurious, and wealthy merchants usually ride on bullock carts. As for the carriage, it is not as ubiquitous as it appears on television in later generations. In fact, the management of horses was very strict at this time, and ordinary people could not get in touch with horse trading at all. Only dignitaries and the richest man on one side can buy a horse. Horses can be said to be a symbol of status, and people who see horses riding on the streets will consciously stay far away and avoid them.

Shen Mo received a lot of admiring glances along the way, especially when he stopped to ask if there was an Ann's Yaxing, the old lady who answered was respectful, and couldn't help but look at the big man who didn't actually exist in the carriage. .

I found out that the tooth shop is called Ping An Tooth Shop, which is a tooth shop that specializes in selling shops.

The shopkeeper of the tooth shop knew that they were here to buy a shop, and slapped his thigh.

"I told you, you are in the right place. I have a good reputation here, and the price is low. You are also lucky, this is not the case that a shopkeeper's family has some business troubles elsewhere, and the capital cannot be turned around. Hang the shop to me for sale. Because I am anxious to use the money, the price is not expensive. The two-story building is 21 square feet and only 185 taels. Although the location is not a busy street, it is not bad. There It's only two or three streets away from the wealthy houses that are crowded together."

The price is really not expensive, the normal price should be two hundred and thirty taels, and this shop directly reduced the price by seventy or eighty taels. If you want to come to the main house, you should be in a hurry to use the money.

At this price, what he has in his hand plus what is in Shen Lin's hand is enough.

"Brother Jing, we are so lucky that we picked it up today." "

Yes." Zhou Jing smiled: "The price is okay, but we have to look at the store."

Easy, but not impossible to find. Moreover, things like shops can be seen aboveboard, mainly to look at the decoration, check the quality, and whether the location is good. As long as you are careful, you can see everything, and you are not afraid of being cheated.

The shopkeeper of Yaxing said: "Of course, let's go now."

When the shopkeeper of Yaxing came out and saw Shen Mo's ox cart, he was stunned. He probably didn't expect that these two young men in average clothes had so much wealth, and there were Bullock cart with carriage.

He stood in front of the car for a long time, his expression changed and he was a little tangled. It wasn't until Zhou Jing urged him that he gritted his teeth and followed.

The shopkeeper of Yaxing explained that due to poor management, the shop has been closed, and there is no one there.

"Zhou Da, hurry up, someone wants to see your shop." The shopkeeper of the Yaxing slammed the door, and a man walked out after a while.

Zhou Da was a little hesitant when he saw that the buyer came by a bullock cart.

To the shopkeeper of Yaxing: "Is this possible? Seeing that this family has a lot of money, don't make it out..." The

shopkeeper of Yaxing said: "Why are you so timid, you still sell it or not, I don't care if you don't sell it. , don't come to pester me in the future." The

two whispered for a long time, and finally Zhou Da followed him into the bullock cart.

The shop is like the owner of Yaxing introduced, the location is okay, although it does not occupy the most prosperous street, it is not far from the most prosperous street. The people who live here are all middle-class families in the town, and their families are not big or small, and they can still afford what they want to eat.

Zhou Jing really fell in love with the geographical location. From the outside, the small building is not bad, it is beautifully decorated, and it looks like a shop that has just opened.

Walking in, the table is complete, and everything that should be used is used. The kitchen is on the first floor, behind the counter, and in front of it are tables and chairs, which prevent guests from entering and leaving the kitchen at will.

"It's newly renovated, why don't you quit it." Zhou Jing asked.

"It's nothing, it's just poor management." Zhou Da hesitantly said.

Zhou Jingshenmo walked upstairs and downstairs, deliberately checking it carefully, not to mention that the building was well decorated and built well, not shoddy. It should be true as Zhou Da said, but it was only resold due to poor management.

"It's alright, but I don't have enough money on my body, so I need to take a look."

"Otherwise, if you pay a deposit first, I won't introduce it to others, so I'll keep the two for you. I'll tell you, This shop is really suitable for whoever meets whom, because Zhou Da is in a hurry to use the money, otherwise it would not be so cheap."

Zhou Da also said: "I am really in a hurry to use the money, many people who came to see the shop before You can't pay it in one lump sum, you have to install it, but I will use it now, otherwise it won't be the two of you."

It was also a coincidence that just at this moment, a man walked in. When he saw Zhou Da, he smiled flatteringly.

"Brother Zhou, sell your shop to me. I'll give you 20 taels more. How about 200 taels? I don't have any cash here. I'll give it to you in installments and promise to pay it off in half a year."

Zhou Da scolded : "Half a year, by the time you and I, the day lilies will be cold, and the grass on the graves will be half as tall. You know that I borrowed a loan shark to gamble, and if I don't pay it back, people will come and chop me." At the bottom, covering his mouth, he looked at Zhou Jing and Shen Mo in horror.

It turned out to be the case, no wonder he was in a hurry to use the money, no wonder he knew that he had both cash and was holding on to it.

No matter where the loan sharks are, they are dark forces, ruthless and hard to mess with.

Zhou Da knew that it was too late, but fortunately, he made all the moves.

"Now that you know it, I won't hide it from you. As long as you can give me cash today, I'll be cheaper by ten taels. I'm really forced to be helpless. I can't borrow usury, and the interest for one more day...hey..." Zhou Da sighed heavily and frowned.

Shen Mo was moved, and secretly said to Zhou Jing: "Let's buy it, everything here is satisfactory, and you said that there is no quality problem, we have completed the procedures, and go to the yamen to transfer the household, not afraid of their hands."

Zhou Jing also The same heart, the price of such a good shop is really hard to find.

After thinking about it, I also feel that the procedures are complete, and the yamen has passed the account, but no one has recruited.

"You can sign the contract today, but we have to go back and get the money."

"Then you have to pay me a deposit of 10 taels, so I won't take anyone else."

"Yes." After paying the deposit and signing the contract, Shen Mo Zhoujing immediately Go back and get the silver.

Zhou Da looked at their distant Umbra and said, "What's their background, they even know how to read and write."

Ya Xing said, "As of now, no matter what his background is, you can only sell it. Besides, we didn't lie. What the heck, you didn't choose the shop carefully, from the decoration to the tables and chairs. Besides, all the procedures are complete, but there are some things that you have concealed. After all, it is your family's private matter, and it is nothing if you don't say it."