Chapter 59

"Madam, just now, the doorman came to report, 'meeting' the cloth house sent people to come, saying that they had acquired a new kind of novelty called dolls. The first batch of dolls will be sold in the cloth house three days later. If you like it, Madam, you can go and see it Look." Tian Xiang knelt on the ground and beat Madam Su's leg.

Mrs. Su closed her eyes and was in a good mood recently. Since I got a few sets of pajamas from the 'Meet' cloth village, the county magistrate has often come here. It's probably a novelty. If she doesn't wear it one day, the county magistrate will ask her to wear it. Even after being married for so many years, the county magistrate, who had never paid attention to her dress, sent her a few sets for the first time. After she put it on, the county magistrate's eyes were straight, and he even praised her for being good-looking, forgetting what kind of goblin.

Those little people who are used to meeting the wind also stopped. That little goblin wondered how the county magistrate suddenly changed his attitude. How many spies he sent to inquire in secret, all were silenced by Mrs. Su, and none of them knew the reason.

Mrs. Su is not worried that the goblin will know about the nightdress in the cloth village, because if she knows, what can she do? She dares to wear it to the master, not afraid that the master will come up to toss her, and the treasure in her belly still wants to Don't want it anymore?

Madam Su thought of this and smiled.

Seeing that Mrs. Su was in a good mood, Tian Xiang said a few more words.

"Madam has nothing to do at home, but he can go to have fun. I don't think his family will disappoint Madam. That rural man named Zhou Jing looks very different from other rural men, as if he has something in his head."

Mrs. Su smiled slightly, "Yes, then let's go have a look."

The reputation of Zhoujiabuzhuang is not comparable to that of the first opening. Since the show, its reputation has grown, and for a while, the big households in the town are all over the place. Taking pride in going to Zhou's house to watch the show, and even secretly comparing and running, because they didn't receive the show post and didn't watch the show, they would be considered by the ladies as lack of identity, so they were not invited.

These Zhou Jing also know, and even this kind of remarks are the first to be released. If the sausage business is sold by the common people, then the cloth village business is going to sell at the top, only doing business for the rich, to achieve the effect of knowing that the noble people can afford it just by listening to the name.

So this time, the people who received the message from Zhou Jing's policeman were the wealthiest households in the town, and there were no more than ten households in total.

But on the day the first batch of dolls was officially launched, more people than those households came.

These ladies and ladies admitted that they had seen many novel treasures, but they were still attracted by the dolls at a glance.

In this batch of dolls, there are only four dolls and twelve zodiac dolls.

Three of the four dolls are sewn with cloth skins, and only one of the dolls' skins is made of animal skins, which are processed, polished, embalmed, and finally dyed. This doll is trying to be realistic, the eyes are made of pure black gems, and the mouth is a piece of red jade. She was wearing a long purple tube top dress, a dark purple sand coat, and a long shawl in the crook of her arms. There is a peony bun on the head, golden steps are inserted on both sides, a phoenix hairpin, and an inverted triangular forehead on the forehead. The forehead is beaded and made of red beans. Finely polished, round and smooth. Falling on the leather face of the doll, it has a coquettish beauty.

"This doll is so beautiful, it looks like a real person, and my cousin, the skin when you touch it is the same as a real person, no, it's more slippery than a real person." The lady Zhong Sun Jiaojiao and her cousin Li Shi were standing in the queue. , but these two people were not at all in the families where Zhou Jing sent the letter.

However, those who open the door to do business are guests, and Zhou Jing will not drive them out.

Li Shi just took a look and fell in love with it, grabbed the doll from Sun Jiaojiao's hand, and turned it over and over in her hand. "This one looks better than other dolls."

Sun Jiaojiao pursed her lips and muttered in dissatisfaction, "It was clearly the one that I liked first, but I've been robbed every time. It's always like this."

Li Shi squinted at her, "Sun Jiaojiao, what are you talking about?"

Sun Jiaojiao immediately smiled and said, "What can I say, if my cousin likes it, I have to give it to my cousin."

Li snorted and said nothing.

There are many women in the shop, and there are only a dozen dolls that are not enough to divide them up. Sun Jiaojiao and Li Shi can hold one each, but because they came one step earlier, they took it first. After waiting for the person who wanted to take a look and touch, after waiting for a long time, she couldn't wait for the two to let go, so she didn't want to. Ignoring the image of a gentle lady, she asked anxiously

, "Are you going to buy it? If you don't buy it, let others buy it. Others are still waiting!"

, Shopkeeper, I want this, how much money?"

Zhou Jing smiled and said: "Madam has good eyesight, this is the most exquisite one of our dolls, it is not expensive, only six hundred and sixty-six taels."

"Six hundred and sixty-six taels?" Sun Jiaojiao gasped, even though she felt it was expensive. The long skirt she was wearing and the Luo skirt on her cousin were all new styles from 'Meeting' Buzhuang, but they were only 300 taels of silver together, and they were all high-quality silk.

But this doll costs six hundred and sixty-six taels?

Zhou Jing explained: "This doll in your hands is different from the dolls in other people's hands. The dolls in other people's hands are all sewn with skin made of cloth, and it is not as expensive as that, but you The one in my hand is made of genuine leather. This leather is very rare, not to mention that the production is not sloppy at all. It can't be made by an inch more or less. You can see for yourself, this doll is perfect in both skin and body, it is simply a miniature version Really beautiful. Especially the hair of these dolls, this is not the hair of anything, but the long hair of human beings, you can comb various hairstyles at will. If the parents of the body and skin are not really able to live, the price is high, Who is willing to sell their own hair. So the price of 666 taels is really not expensive."

Behind them, the ladies and ladies who had only seen dolls sewn from cloth squeezed in to see the difference between dolls made of genuine leather, almost covering their mouths and screaming. This doll is exactly the same as the real person. Not only is the skin made of genuine leather, but it also has a full breast that is unique to women, and a waist that is not full enough to hold.

"It's so beautiful!" A young lady who squeezed forward stared straight at it, she liked it so much, she reached out and grabbed it from Li's hand. "If you can't afford it, don't hold other people's things and don't let go. Shopkeeper, I want six hundred and sixty-six taels. How can I sell those three small skirts and those two small boots?"

Zhou Jing said: "That one doesn't need money, it is I bought this doll as a gift. The lady likes it and can wear it. Of course, you can also make it for her by yourself. If you don't want to do it, you can come to our store to buy it. The clothes and shoes of the doll will be replaced regularly.

" Really, that's great." The lady hugged the doll and said excitedly: "I like the style of your skirt, it's novel, and no other store has it. I want my doll to be as unique as me. Xiaoxue, pay the shopkeeper, I bought this doll."

The maid named Xiaoxue squeezed up, deliberately bumped Li Shi, and said, "Really, I can't afford it after watching it for a long time, it won't delay my lady's time. Well, it made my young lady wait so long in vain, her legs are sore."

Li's face was ashen, and he gritted his teeth with hatred. But she couldn't come up with a private house of more than 600 taels all at once. During this time, most of her private house was spent buying skirts and nightdresses in the 'Meeting' cloth shop.

Xiaoxue took out a piece of silver coin and said loudly, "Boss, I can't find the one thousand tael bill."

"I can find it, miss." Zhou Jing was about to receive the bill when a belated voice interrupted. trade.

"I'm late, I don't know what good things the shopkeeper got this time?"

The county magistrate's wife stepped forward, and the young lady who was going to buy a doll subconsciously hid the doll, gave the maid a wink, and got into the crowd.

Although Zhou Jing saw it, he pretended not to see it and greeted him with a smile.

"Mrs. Su, please come in quickly. I got a few new dolls here. I don't know if they can't get in your eyes." Zhou Jing said and led Mrs. Su to the round table at the counter. Ask her to sit down, and Shen Mo came over with a teacup.

Tian Xiang took the tea and handed it to Mrs. Su. Mrs. Su took a sip and looked up. The animal dolls were not very attractive to her. She liked those dolls, and her eyes fell on the arms of Sun Jiaojiao, who was closest to her. . Sun Jiaojiao subconsciously hugged the doll tightly and actually hid. Mrs. Su frowned slightly, and Mrs. Li immediately grabbed the doll again and held it in front of Mrs. Su with a smile on her face.

"Madam, you see this is a doll." Tian Xiang proudly took the doll from the flattering Li Shi and handed it to Madam Su.

Mrs. Su was immediately attracted by this delicate little thing, "It's a novelty, your family will never let me down. I want this doll, the clothes she's wearing, you can find me some more. "

Sun Jiaojiao was not reconciled. The leather doll she liked was too expensive to buy. She wanted to buy a cloth doll. Seeing that she was going to be robbed again, she felt resentful.

She said: "Ma'am, it's not surprising that this doll is made of cloth. There is a doll whose skin is made of leather, and the eyes and mouth are made of jade. Unlike this cloth doll, which only has a good-looking face and no body, that skin The dolls made are just like real people, with thin eyebrows and slender waists, and a plump figure, that's how beautiful!" Madam

Su was moved by what she said, and immediately asked, "What about the leather dolls?"

The young lady who wanted to buy the doll and her maid disappeared at some point, leaving only a silver note in Shen Mo's hand.

Shen Mo said, "That leather doll was just bought by a young lady."

Sun Jiaojiao was afraid that Mrs. Su would buy the one she liked if she couldn't buy a leather doll and said, "Which lady bought it?"

Shen Mo With an 'ah' in doubt, he said in confusion, "I'm a young lady in a boudoir,

but I bought a doll from my house, so how dare I ask her about her maiden name?" Also report your name.

Mrs. Su would not lose her identity because of a doll, especially a doll that will definitely come again in the future, so she said lightly: "Of course you have no right to ask the lady's maiden name, nor should you. Since it's been bought, it's okay, I want this one, and I will pay for it, and I want these little skirts together."

After Mrs. Su bought that one, the remaining dolls, whether they were dolls or dolls The zodiac animal dolls, ladies and ladies are unwilling to let go, for fear that if they let go, they will be taken away by others, and they will rush to pay one by one.

Sixteen dolls were sold out on the first day.

Sun Jiaojiao and Mrs. Li arrived early in the morning, but in the end they didn't catch anything, so they left with a black face.

As soon as they came out of the shop, Mrs. Li accused Sun Jiaojiao and said, "From a small family, you are from a small family, but it's just over 600 taels. It's worth making all the fuss and losing my face on the spot. You didn't see it. My nemesis is also here, let's do it now, she doesn't know how to pay attention to me with the lady next to me when I go back. Your cousin and I have lost all face by you."

Sun Jiaojiao was not convinced, she thought she didn't know Well, it must be that Li Shi's money is not enough. If there is enough money, she will take it back even if she robs her by force.

But Sun Jiaojiao didn't dare to reply. Her family's business had to be taken care of by her cousin. When she came here, her parents urged her to have a good relationship with her cousin. My cousin knew a lot of rich and famous people, so she couldn't say that she could be in a relationship. She helped her in her marriage and made her marry into the real wealthy family.

Seeing that Sun Jiaojiao was trained so honestly that she didn't dare to reply, Mrs. Li felt a lot more happy and stared at Sun Jiaojiao a few times. Suddenly, she asked, "Are you interested in that shopkeeper Zhou?"

"Ah?" Sun Jiao's face was flushed with shame, and she subconsciously wanted to deny it, but when she thought of her cousin's position among the town's merchants, if he was willing to show up The horses help to make peace, maybe it can be done. He swallowed it back, neither nodding nor shaking his head, it was completely the default.

How could Li Shi not understand, he giggled.

"Don't worry, I'll tell your cousin. With your cousin's status in the business world, this will happen."

"Thank you cousin, if it works, I'll ask him to make a better leather doll. Give the doll to my cousin."

Sun Jiaojiao waited for a long time without hearing Mrs. Li speak, and looked up to find that Mrs. Li's expression did not take this condition seriously.

Sun Jiaojiao secretly scolded Mrs. Li for being greedy. A leather doll cost more than 600 taels. Just because she touched her lips and helped her say a word, she gave it to her for nothing, and she was not satisfied. The best matchmaker in the town was the one who told her cousin to marry her, and the money she received for the matchmaker was only a few dozen taels of silver.

But thinking of the way Zhou Jing was protecting his two-child husband that day, I am afraid that without his cousin's words, this matter would not have been possible.

He gritted his teeth and said cruelly: "Okay, I promise you, every time there is a new gadget or a new style of skirt in the shop, I will ask the master to give you one first."

Li Shi was satisfied with this, smiling and teasing: "Yo, I haven't gotten married yet, and I'm just a family head, so I like other people's men so much?"

Sun Jiao Jiao Jiao said: "Cousin-in-law!"

"I'm shy, okay, I won't say anything..." The

two got on Jiaozi and walked away, but no one saw a girl chased out from 'Meet' Buzhuang, girl Looking left and right to find no one, disappointed to return.

Shen Mo asked, "Do you know any of the ladies just now?"

Chen Huihui nodded and said, "Yes, it was she who told me that the husband of the owner of Buzhuang is kind-hearted. If I am willing to ask, he will help me."

Shen Mo asked. After Mo listened, he frowned slightly. He always felt that something was wrong. He couldn't think about it, and was interrupted by Chen Huihui's next words.

"Zhou Fulang, our family has a few hundred taels of dolls, and they were all robbed in a short while. This money is so profitable!"

Zhou Jing's brows were deeply wrinkled. This was not the first time Chen Huihui said this.

He said solemnly again: "Xiaohui, I said that it is not the money that is easy to make, but that the things in our family are worth the price. You know that the gems used for the eyes of those dolls cost more than a hundred taels for a pair. And they The cloth is enough for the average family in your town to chew for two years, especially how much manpower and material resources the leather doll has wasted, how many leathers have been damaged in such a long time, and the only one left in the end is the cost."

Chen Huihui still felt that even if In this way, Zhou Jing must have made a lot of money, doesn't it mean that the money is easy to make. But she also found out that Zhou Jing didn't seem to like listening to her, so he held back the words.

Shen Mo packed up the banknotes, leaving only a few pieces of silver on his body.

"Brother Jing, I'll go back to the backyard to see Xiaoyu. It's not interesting for him to be a child by himself every day."

"Just in time, I'll go see him with you. I have two good things here for you two. Xiaohui, look at the shop in front of you, and someone comes to shake the line on the wall. I tie a bell at that end, and you shake it. As soon as the bell rings, I can hear it in the house."

"Well, I see."

Zhou Jing and Shen Mo came to the backyard as he spoke, and as soon as he entered the courtyard, he saw Zhou Yu sitting in the courtyard, holding a Basin for washing clothes.

Shen Mo asked, Zhou Yu looked at six or seven years old, but he was actually eight years old, but his height and stature were shorter than actual.

Shen Mo felt distressed and snatched the wooden basin that Zhou Yu was holding in his arms.

"You still have injuries on your body, and your clothes are dirty. Just put them there and I'll wash them for you."

Zhou Yu was stunned. At Zheng Liu's house, he not only had to wash his own clothes, but also those of Zheng Liu and his wife. Sometimes Zheng Liu would even beat him up for getting his clothes dirty, even though his clothes were too dirty to wash.

Seeing what he didn't understand, Shen Mo squatted down and hugged Zhou Yu, "Let's go there, I'll do the rest."

After Zhou Yu reacted, he struggled vigorously, his face flushed.

"I... go by myself."

He struggled so hard that Shen Mo could only put him down.

Helplessly, he said, "How can a child not be held."

Zhou Yu said seriously, "I'm an adult now, so I can make money."

The appearance of his little adult made Shen Mo both amused and distressed.

"Only eight years old, in my family only as a child, don't need to be an adult, let alone make money."

They entered Zhou Yu's bedroom, Zhou Yu poured a cup of tea for each of them, and then sat down.

This child is sensible and distressing.

"Xiaoyu, do you see what goodies I brought you?" There

are two animal-shaped dolls, one is a tiger and the other is a monkey.

The monkey belongs to Shen Mo, and the tiger belongs to Zhou Yu.

"This tiger is for you, this little monkey is for you." The

little monkey was tucked into his arms, and Shen Mo's ears reddened quietly.

"I, what do I want this for, it's so expensive?" Shen Mo just said a simple sentence, and he regretted it after saying it. He was afraid that Zhou Yu would think too much. He quickly said, "This stuff is for children, just keep one for Xiaoyu."

Zhou Yu sat on the chair holding the little monkey doll. This was the first time he received it when he was eight years old. Gift. And the gift-giver seemed to be afraid that he didn't like it, or thought too much, and was looking at him cautiously. He couldn't tell what the feeling of soreness in his heart was like, so he could only say softly, "Thank you, Dad."

Zhou Jing smiled and said, "I am your father, and it is your husband who naturally has good things. I'll hold the two of you tightly first. I'll just follow you like me later."

Zhou Yu didn't say a word, but his small palm tightly grasped the doll.

"By the way, Xiaoyu, your injuries are getting better. Although it still hurts after walking a long distance, I would like to invite a master to come to our house to teach you your homework, study for half an hour, and take a break for a cup of tea. , can you always hold on?"

"You want me to study?" Zhou Yu screamed in disbelief.

Zhou Jing said as he should: "Of course, you and I are only literate, and naturally I hope you can read. However, you don't have to be under pressure, we just do our best when it comes to reading, and it doesn't matter if you can learn it or not. There is only one point, as our Zhou family, we can be confused about everything, but we must be clear as a person."

Zhou Yu stared at Zhou Jing for a while, "I will, Dad."

Zhou Jing laughed.