¶Chapter 5- Work Place¶

In a building, a group of old age women, widowed, divorced women, domestic violence, rape victims, and transgender.
Can be seen together, happy, unity, and peaceful in this place.

Naari Shakthi NGO

"Vaani, kaha ho beta?" an old woman was giving a call to her.

"Meh yaha hu Kaki" Vaani's voice was heard from the other side of the building.

Yamuna(an old woman) is a worker, who is working here for 4 years.

Vani started NGO at the age of 20, she was young when her mother's life got inspired and provoked her sense to start NGO for women.

Her mother was the victim of domestic violence, her so-called father left her mother for another woman because he thought his wife is illiterate not modern, and stylish.

She knocked sense to her mother to take a stand and go against her husband but her mother being a mother thought the only point of view as a mother. Her mother didn't want her child to feel fatherless love.

But her mother couldn't digest and understand her that 'A person who can't respect his mother, wife then how that person can love his daughter ' She felt uncomfortable and awkward with her father's presence.

She bore till twenty years, her father crossed his limit when he stood silently watching when her mother took poison in front of him and let her die.

Her mother was fed up with her life her senses were blocked and that forced her to take such drastic steps.

She took her mother to the hospital and after the treatment, she left the house with her mom. Rented a house, with studies, a part-time job started NGO.

"Beta kya thum apni bachpan me bare meh such rahe ho," Yamuna asked while taking place near her.

"Ha, Kaki me apni maa ke bare me such rahi hu," Vaani said and wiped a lone tear that passed from her chocolate eyes.

"Atheeth ye vo Vaani, kabh takh thu uske baare me sochkar kudko ahath karegi apne dil ko," Kaki asked worriedly.

"Ateeth ye isiliye ithni jaldi se bhi me agge nahi bad pa rahi, hu Kaki, aap janthe ho na manyush ka buddhi" Vaani trailed off, she was not ready to accept the fact.

"Manyush buddhi, ek bahana ye jo thum sathyh ko sweekar nahi karna chati ho, iss duniya meh esa bhi log ye jo iss atheeth ka samne karke agge jeevan sukh se nibha rahe ye" Yamuna knocked some sense.

Vaani didn't have an answer but still, she voiced her opinion of her late mother "Agar, maa himath karke sahi vakth meh stand lethi, divorce dethi tho aj vo humare beech rehthi".

"Maa ye isiliye apni santhan ko agge rakhi jo thum abhi nahi samjogi," Yammuna said softly, she understands as a mother well.

"Maa ye par vo ek Sthree bhi tho ye!! uska kya, kya maa ke liye apni bacche ke samne uska self-respect kuch nahi" Vaani asked in anger but she made sure her voice is checked.

"Nahi, ek MAA ke liye nahi ye, per ek PATHNI AUR STHREE ke liye uska self-respect matter kartha ye. Thum koi bhi rishtha nibhao ek puthri,behan,dosth,pathni, saas in sabh me agar kahi bhi ek sthree ki jeevan me self respect ahath hua vo sherni bankar kadi reh sakthi ye, vo uske parivar, dunhiya se lad sakthi ye kudhkeliye.

Per jab vo sthree ek maa ye aur usse abhas ho jayi ki vo kudh ke liye ladi aur uss ladai me uski santhan ki kushiya aur uss aag meh balli hogi vo peeche kadham rakh uske santhan ko agge rakthi ye, sabh seh lethi ye" Yamuna softly cried. That's what she did when she was a victim.

"Jabh uss santhan ko patha chalega ki uske liye, vo kudh ko stand nahi li, self-respect harm hone bavajoodh bhi vo nahi ladi, apko bhi nahi samaj ayegha kaki," Vaani said cutely, she was understanding what she was saying but her stubborn heart want to show somewhere Yamuna cant understand her POV.