35

"What the-" This can't be real. "She's gone mad. Really mad", I curse while looking at my smartphone.

*
*
*

[24 hours ago]

[Connor ☕️✨ wrote you a new message]
📲
Hey, how are you?! You still in Toronto? I thought, you said something about staying a week?

📱
Hey, yeah, I still am. But honestly just because I didn't get a ride home earlier.

📲
Great to hear. But why would you leave earlier?

📱
Amy just ended our friendship.

📲 (2)
Oh. Shit.
What happened? – If it's okay, that I ask.

📱
It's okay. :) I could really need someone to talk.
Amy just blocked me on all channels, right after she disconnected me from the Wattpad-boy I told you about.

📲
What the f*ck??!

📱(2)
Yeah...

She gave her best to prevent, that I could get in contact with him, again. When I spoke with her about that she made absolutly clear, that she didn't want our friendship anymore. So yeah. I'm now staying alone in this prizy hotel, and as I know Amy, she'd send the bill her parents immediately, or she went off without paying, so it will be my duty either. Sound's good, doesn't it?

📲
You wanna meet up? Maybe you could need some distraction :)

📱
Absolutly.

***

Mandy
Connor really was the sweetest. Well, he wasn't Shawn, but he was someone cute and funny and honest and really aware of not hurting anyone's especially my feelings. He showed me a bit around in Toronto, and when we passed by the stadium where Amy and I went only days ago to, so ecited, that I couldn't breath properly, he said: "You already were inside?"

I nod.

"You know, if you want to, I could show you a bit around – inside there. I kinda ... got access there."

"As long as you aren't a star and/or a comedian, that is gonna get on stage the second I enter the room, I'm fine." I stared at the big Shawn Mendes commercial at the railing of the stadium praising "The singer who got home". "But to be honest, I would be way more fine, if we would stay outside. Don't got really the feeling to need to be inside. Bad memories, ya know?"
Connor looked at me for a second from the side, than he nod. "Alright. Then let's do something different, something fun." He grinned a bit. "You ever been to a skydive?"

"Gosh, no. Are you crazy?!"

It turned out, that we both were. - And we had the best afternoon ever. After doing this really funny shit, we went on a coffee to come down a bit. And that was right where we were now.

"You okay?" Connor looks at me over his cup of burning hot Capuccino with chocolate. I grin. "I still can't belive, you took me into this crazy thing!" This crazy thing was something like a tunnel right to the air, where you flied in special clothes, just as you has had jumped right before out of an airplane.

"You did a great job in there", he smiles sheepishly. "Even though this crack my nose made, when your ellbow landed on it, was at least in my opinion leftable."

Right. Did I mention his nose? "Did it stop bleeding?"

"It did. Stop worrying Mandy." He takes a sip of the Cocoacchino (nice word huh?) and makes a grimasse. "Fuck, this is really hot. What do they do with this stuff? Boiling it?"

"They probably do. That's what you do with coffee. You know, the beans, they roast them and then, theres some hot water", I stop when I see his face expression. "What?"

"I know, we only know each other one day, but gosh I really would like to kiss you."

I can't prevent, that my cheeks are turning red. I hem. I look into my cup. Than to Connor again. "See, there's so much going on at the moment in my life..." I interrupt myself again. "It's not like I don't think you're handsome and kissable", I flush again. "But look, there's..." How do I formulate this?! Damn, this is just so hard. There's this absolutly great boy in front of me and all I can think of is Shawn.
Shawn. The way we were writing at day and night. How we joked around. How he trusted me with some of his issues.
Shawn. How I told him things I never told someone before.
Shawn. The way, his eyes looked at me when I was in the crowd at his concert. This one gaze, this one second. The way he called me Jane Doe and 'my Wattpadgirl'. The way I called him John Doe and Shawny-Bee.
I could really feel a connection and this connection didn't break off when Amy changed the passwort of the access to our Wattpad-chat.

"Connor it's just... much going on and..." "This boy", Connor completes my sentence and his smile deepens. I can see, that he's disappointed, but I do also recognize relieved, that he doesn't seem to be angry. "It's okay Mandy. I get it." He makes a little pause. "But that doesn't mean, that I can't wait. I'm able to wait for a girl, if it's the right one, you know?"

— — —

[open instagram ⤵️]

@ConnorBrashier post (1) one new story

Capture: When you meet a stranger on the street and end up the day realizing, that you aren't strangers anymore

Capture: When you meet a stranger on the street and end up the day realizing, that you aren't strangers anymore. Best feeling.

📸 credits: thegirlfromthestreet

— — —
AN: The rights to the picture don't belong to me, credits go to Yinet_87 from pixabay.com.