86

[Excerpt of Shawn's and Connor's dialogue if it would have been a screenplay or a TV-Show]

"That's not your fucking earnest. You can't be serious!" Shawn looked at his best friend with a face-expression, that came far to being shocked to death. "You - and her?" He breathed a bit hectically in and out. "Boy, this girl's stalking me. She has been trying to get into my life the past months with an effort, you can't imagine! A fan, that's crazy!"
He knew he was beeing unfair but what else should he say about these news? That he was happy hearing them? He wished he could say he was happy for Connor. That he was happy for both of them.
But he couldn't say that. All, he could do, was repeating: "That's crazy!"

Connor shock his head. "No boy, you are crazy right now. She's never even mentioned you. We did only talk for hours about things in life. Friends, family, love. But not about you. The conversation didn't slip once to you. Dude, you should've seen her face, when I told her I'm your best friend."

Well, Shawn would've liked to see her face, for sure. She must have felt incredible, to have made this jackpot - if it was true, what Connor said, and she really didn't know him and their connection before. - But otherwise, she wrote all that fanfiction-stuff! She had to know Connor, before they met!

"I really like her, even though we know each other only for a few weeks", Connor said now. "I just wanted to let you know what's going on in my life, and I thought, you would be happy, that after Angelina..." His voice died a bit.

Angelina "Angel", Connors former girlfriend, now only known as "The Devil itself", left him after two years of relation, without any word of explanation, for a famous actor she met when she was on set with Connor. While he was working, directioning and especially filming, she fell all over her heels for the main actor. Or at least she pretended to be, cause he could push her career higher. She now was a model for victorias Secret. Well, so yeah, Shawn could understand the wish of Connor, to meet someone new. Someone, he could take to a set of a musicvideo without thinking, that his partner would make out behind the stage. But Mandy?! Mandy Rivderdale? Shawn grit his teeths. No way. "See, Connor, I don't think that's a good idea, I mean..."

"I'm sorry dude, but I already asked her to be my girlfriend."

"Uh." It felt, like someone bumped him in the stomach. His face expression felt of. Shawn needed a second, then he got his face muscles to work again. "Well, okay. And what did she say?"

"She said, she was honored, but needed more time. She didn't want to hustle things. She kinda comes out of a difficult relationship, that's a year or so ago, but I guess it's just like with me: a question of time. And I have to say: I was a bit relieved too, cause it showed me, that it was more responsible, to take things slow and to grow into something new, something better."

"And you think that's what Mandy is? Something better?"

"She's the best."

Connor had answered with such an earnest face expression on his face, that Shawn couldn't say one more thing.