65

<<Does hate for you look like that?>>

"Hey, Mandy!" I hear a female voice, and I turn around. "Aaliyah?!"

"Yes, it's me!" She's smiling, and she hugs me, ignoring the shovel in my hand.

"What are you doing here?!" I look at her, scanning her from top to toe, constating, that she's looking tired.

"Ahm, as you now know, I am living here, too", Aaliyah says, apparently amused. "And to be totally honest: my brother sent me."

"Oh yeah, I forgot about that", I say and would've hit my head against a wall, if I found a proper one. "So, when your mum said, that 'Ally' was 'an influencer', she meant you, of course." I shake my head. "I can't believe, I didn't combine all the signs. I didn't even got the idea to look this unknown girl up on Instagram."

"That you didn't look it up, says only even more positive things about you, than if you did." Aaliyah smiles impishly. "And oh my gosh, how cool is this, that we're now neighbours?! I mean, what a coincidence, that you moved of all things in our street?!"

"I didn't move here, my mum did", I remind her with a little smile. "But yeah, it's really a quite coincidence." I shake my head, because the snow doesn't stop laying down on my hair. "It's fucking cold, don't we wanna go inside?", I ask and put the shovel on the growing snowmountain, I built right next to the driveway.

"You're right, but sadly I don't have time", Aaliyah says. "I have to do some college-preparation-stuff."

"Oh okay, yeah, of course. That sounds interesting."

"Ah, yeah, no, not really." Aaliyah shrugs and grins. "I have no idea, what to do. I mean, it is not that easy being Shawn Mendes sister and going to college. It never was, but now... while he's on tour, it's being much more complicated, because everyone knows his name, and his face is everywhere, and my instagram-page is growing and growing,..."

"Oh yeah, you're 'influenca'", I say. "That really does sound difficult. - But if you want to, we can have no idea together. I am clueless too as you know. And as your mother may have mentioned, I finally broke off my studies."

"No, she didn't, but that's really big news!", Aaliyah shakes her head. "I see, we have a lot to talk about since we've last met! - You should have written me, that you're in town!"

"I would have called you later to ask if you wanted to meet up. But meeting Shawn out of nothing on the street and finding out, his family is the new neighbour of my mom, just whirlwinded me a bit. - We hadn't talked since the elevator-incident as you know. And our five-step-plan wasn't that far that I knew what to say exactly and how to handle the situation in a proper way."

"Sounds as you two had a nice chat?"

"It was nice. As nice as he could be I guess."

We grin at each other.

"But let's not talk that much about your brother", I say. I have to admit, I'm a bit worried, if the fact that my mom moved into Shawn's neighbourhood is destroying my new won friend-ship with Aaliyah. Aaliyahs next words tell me, that I am wrong with my worries. "I think it's great, that your mother moved here. That means, that you're gonna be more often here in town – I already wanted to ask you, wether you want to visit me sometimes." She looks down the road. "And Shawn's gonna be fine."

I look down on my shoes. "Yeah."

Aaliyah smiles motivating. "So tomorrow then? We've got a lot to talk about I see."

"I'd love to", I answer, and before she can get on her way, I shout: "Wait! Did you say, Shawn did send you?!"

Aaliyah stops and turns around. "Ah oh, yeah! Yes, he did. He said, that you would be working outside, and that I should look, if you're okay in the cold. To be honest, it was more than an order."

"He ordered you, to look after me?!"

"Yeah, surprisingly, he did", Aaliyah laughs a bit over my perplex and wondering face expression. „And he said, that you surely wouldn't have packed any warm clothes, so that he would like to give a..." Aaliyah hems. "That he would like to give a dumb bitch a pullover, that she doesn't catch a cold."

I stare at her, trying to process the words she said, while she's getting out of her bag something, that does definitly look like a pullover in green and blue. She gives it to me with a grin. "I don't know, what this weird affront, I should communicate, means, but I have the feeling, that there is definitly hope, when it comes to yours and Shawns relationship."

I take the pullover. It feels warm and cozy. "We don't have any relationship. Nothing, that even deserves the word friendship. Hate would be the more proper description, when it comes to him, I suppose."

"He never hated you", Aaliyah shakes her head. "And since he doesn't have contact with Amy anymore, you have the chance, to clarify it all."

She looks at the pullover in my hand. "Does hate look for you like that?"