9. Sudden Attack

Yaksha's POV

Ughhh! Where is the scissors? I will cut it off ! Right now!

Yaksha's hair is long. Way too long for my liking. I once had such long hair like her. It ended below my hips. But it was too much for me so I cut them off. What was the point? I have to manage such long hair again!

It's been 30 minutes I am trying to untangle this stupid hair but the more I try the more it keeps getting tangled!

It's been more than a month I am here. I was never really upset about my hair. I know its not just the hair. I am absolutely anxious. About everything. Mostly the upcoming wedding. MY WEDDING!! There's just a week remaining! A WEEK!

I have barely adjusted here in this settings, in this place, with these people now I have to move somewhere else. I think I am taking out my frustration on my hair. I should divert my focus. What is to happen, will happen. Doesn't matter if I worry or not.

I let my hair fall in my back. I take the tangled hair and put them up in a messy bun. I will tell Meena later to help me. This untangling thing is making me more frustrated.

I take the hairpin and put it in my bun to secure it tightly. One thing I have learned about hairpins of this era is that the end carries a sharp edge. I heard that it it for self protection. They are extremely sharp around the edges and stay close to you so you can use it in any situation.

Actually I should learn more. I heard there is a big library with almost all kinds of books of all genres. I have been here for so long yet I didn't check it out.

I used to love reading non-academic books. It gave me a break from reality. Allowed me to live in someone else's life. Experience things I know I could never experience. But then college happened and I could barley manage reading books outside my curriculum.

Maybe the library here has fiction books? I need to distract myself anyways why not just read.

"Meena? Where are you?" I called for her as I reached the end of the chamber.

"Yes Baisa, do you need something?" She came immediately rushing towards me.

"Yes. Can you please take me to the library? I want to spend some time there?"

She looked at me with a slight smile in her face. Her eyes almost glistened. "Are you remembering things baisa?"

"Why?"

"You used to love books! You spent your most of the time in library reading those books you liked so much! You didn't even allow me or Rajeshwari didi to look at those books. I always wondered what did you read with so much attention. Your eyes always shined when reading. You smiled like a little girl looking at those books."

Really? I guess we have something in common Yaksha.

"No. I didn't remember anything. Maybe going to the library can help?" I said with a slight sad smile.

Her face turned a little sad. But she nodded and said to go with her. I feel bad for her, I really do. But it's not like I am in a position to bring back Yaksha.

We reached the library in a few minutes. The wooden door was really tall and big carved in various designs. Inside there were many shelves. Each filled till the top with book in all sizes and I am guessing all genres too.

"Please come here Baisa" Meena called from the back and I couldn't even see her. When did she even reached there? I guess I was too busy ogling.

"Yaha bishram kijiye. Aap hamesha yehi baitha karti thi. Aur kitabo mein ghumshudha si ho jati thi. Ye puri almari aapi ki hain. Aapka ho jaaye toh humein aawaj dijiyega"