26.An Unusual Apology

Yaksha's POV

"Baisa uth jaiye! Bohot der ho chuki hain! Aaj anushthan ki taiyari karni bhi toh hain aapko!"
( Baisa please wake up! It's very late! You will have to prepare for the celebration of today too!)

Someone,no Meena was shaking me disturbing my beauty sleep. I want to sleep a little more.

"Meena thodi der aur. Humein taang mat karo."
( Just a little longer Meena. Don't disturb me.)

"Baisa!"

She shouted so loudly that I sat up immediately on the bed in a jerk.

"Konsi bhukamp aa gayi jo itna chilla rahi hain aap Meena? Thodi der sona hi toh chahte the hum!" I rubbed my still dreaming about my perfect fictional man that visited me in my dreams. I wonder why he looked a lot like my husband.
( What earthquake has come that you are shouting so much Meena? I just wanted to sleep a bit!)

"Not earthquake but responsibility. A responsibility has come. And you are sleeping here. Just wake up quickly then you have to take a shower, do morning aarti,eat breakfast, go to the royal kitchen to decide for today's menu,go the servants quarters to discuss their responsibilities,check all the simple decors that need to be done,come back here and get ready an-"

"Clam down Meena. Or else you will have breathing problems. I get it, I get it. There's a lot of things I need to do and I don't have time. I will get up see,here."

There's a lot of things that I need to do and I don't have time.

I was given a quick but still luxurious bath by the help of all the attendants. After my morning aarti I was given breakfast and after that I was directed to the royal kitchen to decide today's menu.

I feel like a rich princess. Except the fact that I actually am.

As soon as I stepped inside the kitchen all the cooks lowered their gaze down slightly. While my mouth was left open and wide seeing the big kitchen which was as big the apartment I had in Los Angeles. No. It was more than that. How can I even compare!

I didn't even notice for how long I was ogling until Meena nudged me from the side,whispering that I need to speak too. I am so dumb oh gosh. Thank god to my veil.

"Assalamualaikum begum sahiba. Welcome to the royal kitchen. Please give these humble servants your order."

One of the man came forward and spoke. I guess he was the leader or something. But what orders do I give?

"Sultan ko kya khana pasand hain? Koyi bishesh bhojan jo woh shokh se khate ho?"
( What does Sultan like to eat most? Any special dish that he likes to eat?)

"Sultan likes anything with meat. He isn't very picky but anything that is cooked with meat is most liked by him. Also rice pudding." He replied curtly.

"Ghosh ke char tarah ke kabab,2 tarah ke kofta,shahi korma,ek sadi sabji,roti,sada pulao aur mithe mein shahi kheer. Yehi hogi ajki bhojan."
( Four types of meat kebab, two types of korma,plain vegetable,roti,plain pulao and shahi-kheer in desert. This is today's menu.)

"Ji Malika-E-Taher. Jo hukum."
( Yes,whatever you wish.)

I don't believe. Did I just do that? I literally said every dish with meat I could remember. Wait was I convincing enough?

"Next we have to go to the servants quarters." Meena said from my side.

I sighed deeply. I am not prepared for this. Not a bit. Deciding the menu was still okay but dividing responsibility? I don't know what responsibility I,myself have.