41.Answers

Yaksha's POV

"I knew you would come back. I was waiting for you in fact." The priest smiled warmly at me as he welcomed me in the small room behind the temple.

"You seemed to know everything." I looked at him with confusion.

"Not everything my dear. I am only a servant of Goddess Durga. I know only what she allows me to know.Come sit."

"You know I am not Yaksha.How?" I sat down on the floor beside him.

"Your soul."

"My soul?" I asked more confused than ever.

"Yes. Your soul. Your soul is lighter.In a better word it's contented."

"I don't understand you?"

"Yaksha wasn't happy.The soul of her was dark,it always had gloominess revolving around it. But yours,yours is as bright as the sun my dear. You don't resemble her soul. Not a bit."

"Is that why I came here,took her place?"

"Possibly."

"I don't get it! She wasn't happy with her life but I was! I-I lived my life to the fullest!"

"Did you really? Carefully think about your previous life. If you really lived as you are saying you wouldn't be here."

I opened my mouth to say something but nothing came out. I thought I was happy? I was...I am sure of it. But then was I really? The only good thing I had in my world was my parents. That's it. The monotonous life had me in shambles,leaving me wanting to escape the reality every now and then.

I thought I lived my life to the fullest but every other day I was envious of other people's lives,their happiness. I was never really content there,was I? All I was living in was the idea of making through the day and repeating the same thing the next day again.

My denial of me being here made me believe I lived to the fullest without any regrets.But did I really?

"I think you have your answer somewhere in your mind." He interrupted my thoughts.

"T-then why me? Is it because I look like her?"

"Yaksha is your past life. You already lived it but you don't remember.But for destiny's twisted way you are now living it again.Because you have a purpose to fulfill,that you couldn't earlier. And both souls of yours wanted this intentionally or unintentionally."

"A purpose? I-I keep dreaming about this thing too! Purpose. What is the purpose? Why am I here?"

"I can't tell you that. You will have to find out on your own. Only you know the answer of this dear."

Logically nothing he is saying makes sense! But then again somehow it does. I look like her! We both look exactly the same! This could be my past life that I am living again! But why am I living it again.

"How can I find out what my purpose is! There must be some way of finding out? You have to know something!" I looked at him in desperation.

"As I said before you,yourself only know what the purpose is. You are the answer to your question my dear."

I exhaled a long sigh. That doesn't answer my question! How can I possibly find out what my past self was going through without any possible clue!

"T-then can I go back? Or will I go back just like I came after fulfilling my purpose?"

"Do you want to?"