27.Jealousy In The Air

Yaksha's POV

I put my palm in my the both sides of my face and instantly felt
the warmth in them. I bet if I didn't have the veil covering my face right now people could see how red it is right now. I don't even need a mirror to prove my point because I know it.

My skin is still hot,specially the place where he touched earlier reminding me every second of it again and again. And my core was still wet wanting something, no someone to save me from this torture.

And I am thinking about all these in a middle of a formal dinner. How pathetic am I! Dozens of people are in the other side of the curtain while I can barely contain myself. When I reached here in the official place for celebrations I suppose, Dewane-E-Khaas,I could seriously feel everyone's precise gaze on me and my beloved husband.

I swear to god I never felt more embarrassed in my whole life except when I fell down the stairs in front my crush in 9th grade. The host of the celebration were late and not to mention they entered after the guests were already waiting for them. I haven't had a chance to meet the said guests properly yet. I just formally greeted them. His uncle,his first wife and his three daughters and three sons.

His taunting gaze is still bothering me. It's like he was saying 'How dare you come late while I am here' without even saying it. I sighed deeply peeking through them while all of the men were discussing something with political-ugh boring and us women were here.The other women were making small conversations but I couldn't even gather a single word. Boring too.

"Baisa where were you earlier? Me and the other attendees were searching for you in the whole palace. But then Aaliyah jiji told us to come and receive the guest with flowers. Even the sultan wasn't here! Do you know what it looked like? The sultan wasn't here to receive his guests.Oh god!"

"Meena kumari can you please calm down?" I whispered dreading this conversation. Your ears are too innocent to hear what we did.

Or maybe you aren't.

"Shant? Shant ho jaye? Aap thi kaha?"
( Calm down? You are telling me to calm down? Where were you?)

"I-uh-umm that-uh yes! I thought I was menstruating! So I went back to check! That's where I was!"

"Menstruating? But you did just a few days ago?

"Uh yeah it was just a false alarm."

I took a deep breath of relief as she seemed to buy my lies. My cheeks again reddened remembering the actual reason why I was late. I wonder If there wasn't a celebration happening how further would we go?

"So you are the Yaksha Rashid married? I couldn't attend your wedding since I was sick but I wanted to see you,you know. My replacement. If you are my replacement I wanted to know if you are prettier than me or not."

I turned my face a little to the side with furrowed brows to see who is uttering such nonsense while lifting my veils slightly.

It was one of the daughter of Sultan's uncle. What does she mean by replacement? And does her mouth always spits venom?

"Humein shama kijiye ga parantu aap hain kaun? Hum bhul gaye." My voice cold.
( Forgive me but who are you again? I forgot.)

You started it first woman.

She scoffed a bit.

"Kehne ko toh hum sultan ki begum banne wale the. Par phir aap aa gayi aur sulah ke liye Rashid ko aapse nikah karna padha."
( I was about to become the wife of the sultan. But then you came and Rashid had to marry you because of the truce.)