40.Questions

Yaksha's POV

I stood in front of Goddess Durga my hands together but my eyes open in disbelief.

"Yakshu! Ye kya kar rahi ho! Puri bhakti aur shraddha se puja karni hoti hain aur tum kin kheyalo mein khoyi ho?"
(Yakshu! You should pray with full veneration and faith and what you are thinking?)
She nudged my elbow with hers.

"Kuch nehi." I closed my eyes.
(Nothing.)

I prayed to the god to help me figure this situation out. To help me get rid of those disturbing nightmares,to help me know why did this happen and why am I here.

What did the priest mean by that? Does that mean he knows something I want to know.

My thoughts wandered to earlier.

"Tum Yaksha nehi ho."
(You are not Yaksha.)

He looked at me sternly.

"Y-ye aap kya keh r-rahe hain?Hum Y-yaksha nehi toh kon honge."
(W-what are you t-talking about? If I am not Y-yaksha then whom else would I be.)

"Ye bohot hi pavitra sthan he beti. Yaha kuch nehi chupate. Humein jante hain aap Yaksha nehi hain.Uski iccha akhir puri ho gayi."
(This is very pious place my dear. You shouldn't hide anything here. I know that you are not Yaksha. Her wish was fulfilled after all.)

"Wish? What wish?"

He smiled. I was about to ask more but Rajeshwari's voice from behind stopped me. He walked away as soon as she came.

I didn't get to ask what wish he was talking about.

I opened my eyes as Rajeshwari rang the bell. I followed soon after.

"You are done right? Let's go then." She asked.

"I am done but I wanted to meet the priest once before leaving." I climbed down the stairs.

"Do you know where the priest is?" I asked one of the men standing there. Probably his student.

"It's time for his meditation. I am afraid he won't be able to meet you Rajkumari ji." He bowed.

My bows furrowed in distress. No! I can't leave without talking to him. I have to meet him if I want to know anything about all these.

"When will he be done?"

"I can't tell exactly that Rajkumari ji."

"Why are you so eager to meet him. Is there any problem?"

"N-no! I just wanted to seek his blessings once before leaving."

"He is busy now. We will come back again tomorrow if you want to. Now let's go. Also don't you want to meet Mausa ji??"

"Yes y-you are right. Let's come back tomorrow."

As I sat on the carriage while my mind constantly wandered towards the incident earlier. What did he mean by her wish got fulfilled after all. What was that supposed to mean!