23. Double Personality

Yaksha's POV

I sprawled my hands in the bed but opened my eyes immediately as it was still warm but empty. I blinked my eyes several times to adjust myself with the dim lighting. It wasn't still morning but dawn. I removed the bed curtain slightly to check the room. It was dimly lit with small lanterns.

If the bed was still warm then sultan must be still here right? I always woke up in his arms so when I found the bed empty it made me feel something hollow in my chest. Even when we went to bed yesterday night we slept like how we had awoken up. Tangled up with each other. Since there was nothing to resist anymore with my very breakable resistance I willingly went ahead and made myself comfortable.

I walked through the chamber hoping he was here somewhere and then when I find him I wanted to grab him again with me to bed and sleep in his arms. This has become a weird habit of mine. If I don't find him when I wake up I feel completely empty even alone. Maybe I have grown some attachment issues or something.

As I walked towards the more inside space of the chamber my anklets made soft sounds as if to announce I am here. I have thought of removing these quite a few times as I didn't like the sound at first. But then I have come to become comfortable with it just as I have become accustomed with my life here a bit.

Doesn't mean I still don't cry when I'm alone. But I am somehow a little better now.

I peak through a small dimly lighted room to see he was indeed here. He was offering his prayers. He looked so pure,so beautiful there. I stood outside the room admiring him and being grateful that I had such a handsome husband.
I smirked unknowingly at the thought that indeed I am lucky.

"Akeli akeli ese kuyn muskura rahi hain begum?" His sudden voice brought me back from the trance.
( Why are smiling alone like this begum?)

He folded the prayer matt keeping it aside. God even his voice sounded so good! Okay now I sound obsessed.

Maybe I am.

I didn't entered the room because I didn't know if it was permissible for me to go there or not. Also I hadn't even showered yet so technically I was impure. So I just stood there.

"I didn't find you in bed so I went searching for you. Are you done?" 
Please say yes because I am sleepy as hell.

"Nehi. Abhi toh humein Quran shareef bhi padhna hain. Aapko kuch kaam tha?" He took a book in hand while reciting something.
( No. I still have to read the Quran.Did you have any work?)

Where is the affectionate sultan from last night? I don't like this serious one at all.
Fine. It's not like I can interrupt while someone does his prayers. I won't be able to sleep now, I am too awake for that now. I huffed and left from there.

I have seriously never awakened up so early in the morning. Since Meena must also be sleeping I took the initiative of bathing myself. I have never once took a shower alone after coming here. They just have things arranged so difficultly that my lazy self doesn't want to do so much work. I walked to the adjoining bathing chamber in the chamber.

I removed my clothes from last night and wore the soft clothes that were used while bathing. This piece of fabric wasn't even appropriate to call a cloth. I swear to god it is so thin that a little water and you can see everything. Like everything!

I tie the knot just a little above my breast and sat down on the cold water on the tub. My body shivered as soon as it touched the water. I was given the princess treatment since I came here. So I wasn't used to being in cold water. There was no special oil or paste too. Ugh I should've just waited for Meena.