17.The Teasing Game

Yaksha's POV

When I said the chamber was really big I totally underestimated the palace. Because the palace is thrice bigger than the Ratangarh palace. My feet hurts I swear. I was the one who wanted the tour but now I totally regret it. Over enthusiastic girl.

Splashing water at my face I came to the chamber and fell on the bed with a thud,removing the veil from my head and body . That's what you get for not exercising or working out ever. I hate working out. I once hit the gym in my life and that day I decided never to go to gym again.

Gym is not for me. Let's just say strength isn't my strongest virtue. And to top that all these heavy jewellery and lehenga. It's almost evening now which means I have missed my lunch and I am famished.

I called an attendee to serve me food. I haven't seen the Sultan since the morning incident. He didn't come back again.He must be busy,what do I have to do with it.Someone's approaching.My food must be here!! Or....not.

It's my supposedly husband.

He always comes unannounced. No manners whatsoever. Technically it's his room but he has a woman living here too! And I am not even wearing my dupatta,not that I am shy or anything in front of him.

"I heard you had a good time with Aaliyah?" He said removing his overcoat.
"I did. She gave me tour of the whole palace." I said walking towards where he is standing. "Since my husband is too busy for me, I had to ask someone else." My eyes widened as soon as the words left my mouth.What the hell came out of my mouth! What's wrong with me!

He turned towards me and raised an eyebrow with a teasing grin.He grabbed my wrist and jerked me towards him.

A gasp left my mouth as he put my hands in his chest. My palm pressed against his.I could feel his heartbeat. Slow and steady.Unlike mine. Which is going crazy.Is it possible for heart rate to go up in such pace? Am I sick or something.

I looked at my henna stained hand joined with his since I didn't have the courage to look up at his eyes. Clearly all my courage lefts my body as soon as he comes close.

He grabbed my chin with his free hands making me look at him. My lips parted his long fingers touched my face. There's a weird feeling in my body. It's new,fresh,never felt before. His thumb caressed my bottom lip and unknowingly a sound left my lips.

"Kya humari begum humse shikayat laga rahi hain? Woh bhi humare khud ke hi bareme?"
(Is my wife complaining to me? That to about my own self?)

No answer left my mouth. How could I? I was too lost in his eyes,his touch and the weird sensation all over my body.His thumb never stopped caressing my lips.He was doing this on purpose. He knows exactly what he is doing.This cunning Sultan.

"T-toh kya? Nehi kar sakte? Pure din nehi mile aap."
(S-so what? I can't do it? Didn't even find you the whole day.)

I stuttered but composed myself immediately.

"Itna yaad kar rahe humein malum hota toh hum toh bhag ke chale aate begum. Humein ekbar ilm kar dete."
( If I knew you missed me this much I would've come running. You should've told me.)

He brought my face even more closer. Our nose almost touching. I clenched my eyes shut. I can't bear such close proximity. My face heated up in anticipation.

"Look at you all heated up just by a small touch begum. I wonder what would happen if I were to do more."

"More?" I asked in a daze. I know what exactly more means. But I have this weird urge to hear him say what more he means. So much for staying controlled.