31. Initiating

Yaksha's POV
(Mature Content Ahead)

"Well,well,well! Look whom I finally met. I came out because the attendees heard some commotion but I didn't know I would finally get to meet our Sultan's beloved wife. So beloved that he doesn't even let her out and so beloved that she is arguing with the Sultan's mother!The god mother!"

The woman stepped forward.

"Thaani begum." My mother-in-law lowly muttered under her breath with a bitter tone.

Thaani begum? Wait where have I heard this before? Who was she again?

"Safiya apa. Assalamualaikum. Why is that I don't see you around the harem anymore?" She smirked.

And continued. "Don't tell me your son has already handed over your duties to his wife as soon as she came. I won't be surprised if he did though."

Thaani begum. Sultan Ahmed's second wife. Aaliyah's mother and sultan's step mother. Her tone gave it all away. She looked like she was in her late forties,a little younger than my mother-in-law. She must have been really beautiful in her young age because even now she radiates elegance. But something about her felt dark,sinister. I was almost scared.

What in the world did I brought myself into!

I looked back at Bisma as if we both were trying to escape the situation meanwhile she looked at me apologetically.

I looked at my mother-in-law trying to find out what about me and my husband made her so upset. I get that I don't have similar cultural background as her so might not be able to accept me. Typical mother-in-law. But sultan is her son. Why is she upset over him. Looking at her only angered me more.

"What is going on here?" A male voice snarled.
I flinched at the sudden loud sound.My husband.I would recognize that voice anytime,anywhere.

The two women in front of me turned around to look at him.

"I asked what is happening here?" He asked again as he came right beside me to stand. I felt my body relaxed on its own as soon his body touched mine. I felt like he had saved me,from this two women. Because I think I was about to be eaten alive by these women.

While Thaani begum looked even more amused,my mother-in-law completely changed her facial expressions,like she was void of having any.

My heart clenched at the sight. I looked at Sultan only to notice the slight pain in his eyes before he completely composed himself. Is this what he has been bearing all his life? On his own? I can't even imagine not receiving my own mother's love. Since when is this going on! And why!

While he did greet his mother she was still talking without any love. This woman!

But then Thaani begum had to interfere and say something I don't even understand.
But one thing is clear she isn't any better than his own mother. If anything she is even worse.

Suddenly cold and calloused fingers wrapped around mine as if to express he is here for me. I looked down to see his fingers wrapped around mine tightly almost reassuringly.I clasped his hands even tighter because I am here for him too. And since I am here he will have one more person to fight with him,for him.