Chapter 14

____Having said this, and set out on his car Krishna arrived at Bhishmaka's house in the evening

____
Having said this, and set out on his car Krishna arrived at Bhishmaka's house in the evening. They did not go to the city of kundina but directly into the place of Bhishmak.

Guards were guarding the palace saw the Mightiest king with his huge army. They were terrified. They instantly sent a message to the king of Krishn's arrival.

When Devaki's son the beautiful Krishn, reached the city of Vidarbha along with the mighty car-warrior Yadavas, all the powerful four Prince of vidharbha along with king Bhishmak holding all sorts of weapons, were filled with delight and began to make arrangements for his quarters.

In the meantime the king Bhishmak, well read in moral laws, rose up delightedly from among the Prince, welcomed himself Krishn with water to wash his feet and rinse his mouth and arghya and placed him in his own city.
Krishn, with his army, entered into the house that had been kept ready for him from before. Adored with various edibles, drinks, jewels, honors and love .

Suddhamati was very happy to see handsome and strong king DWARKADISH  ( krishn) in her kingdom. She was delighted. She instantly was convinced that krishn was the only one who could be husband of her beautiful daughter Rukmini who was none other than Laxmi devi herself.

Krishn was delighted by the hospitality he received from king Bhishmak

Krishn was delighted by the hospitality he received from king Bhishmak. Krishn then requested to talk to Bhishmak in private. King agreed .
Krishn then talked about how his son Rukmi was the reason of fights between vidharbha and dwarka. He also expressed the desire to marry Rukmini.
Bhishmak was pleased to actually know that the Mighty dwarkadish was intrested in marrying his daughter.

Bhishmak said:-" The mighty dwarkadish, out of his childish nature, my son wishes to give away his sister in a Swayamvar, but I do not like it.
He is entirely childish; I do not like to give away (my daughter in this way). I wish that my daughter may select the only person whom she sees.
O king I propitiate you, for this my son's bad conduct. Be you propitiated and forgive him. I Did not even know that He had invited kings in kundina for swayamvar and many of them have arrived to!!!".

Krishn said:-"While your son, as a boy, has worked up all these kings, I do not know how arrogant he will be when he will be advanced in years.
He who, born in a great royal family in this earth, speaks a falsehood, even before one king, consumes with the fire of Yamdev's  tortures. Rukmi doesn't think rationally and for his political gains wants his sister to marry.