Lake Walk

TW// internalized homophobia

Nobody was excited for the days main activity. Not even Bad. He stood with his assigned team, utterly confused.

"Where do we even start with this?" Bad complained, holding the sparse instructions in his hand. The assignment was to find at least ten animals, and document your favorite things about them.

"This is so stupid." Melissa complained. "This is not going to help me get into Harvard or Oxford."

"Exactly." Bad agreed.

"It's a creative exercise. Not everything needs a purpose." Bagi was already writing down the wonders of bumble bees down on their shared project paper.

"Right..." Bad sighed. He wished at the very least they were paired up by their cabin mates. But no, they mixed everyone up into new groups of four. Bad, Bagi, Melissa and Tubbo. This was their attempt at encouraging diverse socialization.

"What're you writing?" Tubbo leaned over Bagi's shoulder. "You're tripping. The wings are not the best part of the bee, it's their little fuzzy asses!"

"Let's go walk down around the lake like the others." Melissa suggested. "We need at least ten. I think there will be most by the lake."

🌊🌊🌊

"God damn, that animal got a fat ass!" Foolish hollered when his teammate, Roier, bent over to pick up his pencil.

Bad stayed close to Melissa. "All the rowdy animals are definitely down here."

"Yes, and the animal with the fat ass is my brother." Melissa waved.

Roier blew her a kiss then flipped her off.

"Gosh, I bet that team is a nightmare." Bad watched Foolish and Roier banter back and fourth, almost flirtatiously.
Gosh, how is Foolish so comfortable with his sexuality?

Bad noticed Foolish's team had two members dressed in the blue track suits. Skeppy and some girl that he was talking to, with a smile.
I wish I was on that team.

"Frog!" Tubbo yelped. "Quick! Bagi, write down frogs and our favorite things are they are green and don't give a fuck."

"Oh my, Tubbo. I can't write that." Bagi complained but started writing. Using less inappropriate language.

"Write down mosquito and I love how they eat me!" Melissa swatted at her arms. "Mexican blood tastes the best, it is my only flaw."

"Yes, it does." Cellbit walked by, leading his group.

Tubbo made a face and barely waited for Cellbit to get out of earshot. "God, that guy weirds me out."

"Cellbit?" Melissa scoffed and waved away his accusations. "He's into the weird paranormal stuff. He's not like a vampire or something."

"Nah, he's fucking odd." Tubbo held onto his claims. "He's a cabin mate of mine. He stares up at the ceiling all night. If you make a sound his eyes dart to you but he says nothing!"

"He's my brother's boyfriend." Melissa swatted a mosquito on her face. "Trust me, he is not creepy. Just different."

"Oh my God, there are gay people here?!" Tubbo gasped dramatically. "I refuse to share my space with such scandals."