An Automated Message

If Skeppy managed to fall in love in a week, then by week three Bad might as well been his God.

"Gosh, week three already. This summer is flying by..." Bad followed Skeppy into the bathroom.

There was finally a more set-in-stone routine. Étoiles always showered and got ready before anyone else was even awake. Then Roier and Cellbit would go get ready for the day. While they were doing that, Bad and Skeppy tended to read. Of course, Skeppy read whatever Bad recommended. And he'd read every word, cracking the spine to see the entirety of every page. Like it was a secret piece of Bad's brain. Then, after the reading, they'd go to the bathroom last to get ready.

Skeppy set his things down on the countertop. "I know, I can't believe it. It's kind of crazy."

"Yeah, no, it is." Bad got a towel and watched Skeppy look at his reflection in the mirror.
How is he so pretty in the morning?

"Only a few weeks until it's essay time. You really think it's going to take four weeks to write it?"

"With a scholarship on the line, you need time. Plus, you have to account for the other camp activities that will happen between writing it."

"True..."

"Do you have ideas on what you want to write about?" Skeppy asked curiously.

Bad looked at Skeppy's reflection in the mirror like it was fine art. "Well...there's really only one thing but I don't think it would get picked...nothing super interesting has happened to me yet."
Unless I can write about being forced to touch a dead rat.

Skeppy hummed and got a towel. "I don't think I'll participate. I don't have anything either..."

"Do you already have plans for when you graduate?"

"Honestly...no...I had ideas about a year ago. But I haven't really locked in on something. I've mostly been dealing with my health."

"Well that makes sense...but you said you're fine, right? And all things considered you're keeping up well."

"Well, yeah...it's not serious now but I'm more likely to have major complications in the future– the far future, but like...I've still had to process that. And I've been having a lot of doctor appointments to figure it all out. It's been stressful."

"Yeah..." Bad set his towel down and went in for a hug. "Come here, you muffinhead."

"Hug!" Skeppy felt like he was receiving a gift. "I think we have a free period first thing. What do you wanna do?"

"The library?"

Skeppy smiled mischievously. "Good idea." It was easy to find a quiet private corner in the library. "I'm sleepy so we can cuddle up and you read to me."

"Nice try, slacker." Bad kissed the top of Skeppy's head. He adored his friend so much. Now if they could just get past the awkward confused stage and establish an official title.

"Hey, I've been reading more."

"That's true." Bad laid his chin on top of Skeppy's head. Since Skeppy didn't let go and he refused to let go first. "How are you liking 'Little Fires Everywhere'?"

"I like it, but god the font in that book is so tiny."

"Yeah, the edition kind of sucks. But how about the actual words?"

"I'm just traumatized that you read a book where a woman uses a turkey baster to get pregnant."

"Ay, language!"

"You recommended the book!"

"Yeah but you don't have to say it like that. She was desperate for money and had to become a surrogate for Joe and Madeleine."