Scare Them

TW// Dead animal

"Alright, I'll help you." Bad agreed anxiously. "Just don't tell anyone about that. It's not anything anyone needs to know about."

"Of course, follow me." Cellbit got down from Bad's bunk.

Bad followed behind. His first instinct was to look and see if Étoiles was awake.

"He's asleep. He hasn't slept all week. He's passed out for the night."

Bad looked at Skeppy. Skeppy looked all cozy, bundled up in his bed.
I want to crawl into bed with him.

"He's asleep, come." Cellbit grabbed Bad and took him to the door.

Once they got outside, Bad had more questions. "What exactly do you want my help with? It seems like Roier would help you with anything you need."

"Desperate people work faster." Cellbit took Bad to a spot in the woods, not far from the spot that Bad kissed Foolish. "You're going to work fast, quietly and you aren't going to complain."

"C-Cellbit..." Bad was starting to get afraid. "What are we doing?"

Cellbit kneeled down and started feeling around the ground.

"What are you doing?!" Bad looked back towards the cabin, hoping someone would catch them out here before anything could happen.

Cellbit stood up again but now he had a dead rat in his hands. "I know you're scared of things, but stay with me."

"What is that?!" Bad took several steps back, stumbling over some rocks. He managed to catch his balance again as he stared at Cellbit.

"It's not gross, it recently died." Cellbit petted the rat like it was a cute puppy.

Bad felt nauseous, he crouched on the ground, knowing he was going to throw up.

Cellbit crouched with him. "It's okay. I didn't kill it. But it can help us now, yeah? I want to show those assholes a psychopath. Since they call me such."

Bad whined, shaking his head. He gagged until eventually, he throw up.

Cellbit watched quietly. Sympathizing. He patted Bad on the back. "I know, but it's okay." Then he stood up. "I just need you to do..."

Bad stood up and leaned on a tree. "Whatever you want from me, I'm not doing it."

Cellbit groaned, his shoulders dropping in disappointment. "You want them to keep bullying me?"

"No! But how is that poor thing going to help?!"

"I need to scare them. I need them to see this rat."

Bad gagged again. "If you're the crazy one, why don't you do whatever you want to do?!"

Cellbit's eyebrows went down in an almost furious expression. "Does a smart man take something out of the oven without a glove? If I get caught, I'm burned. If you get caught, you have a chance." Cellbit approached Bad, trying to put the dead rat in his hands. "Come on, hold her."

"No, you ARE insane!" Bad backed up until he tripped over a stump and fell to the ground, cutting his legs and hands up.

"I'm insane..." Cellbit looked at the rat and then up to the sky. "We're in a tiny rock. Meaning nothing. We mean nothing to the universe. And yet you want to act like I'm such a big deal." Cellbit looked down at Bad. Now he saw Bad as a deer. He wanted to sink his teeth into him.

Bad struggled to stand back up. "Cellbit, I think we should go back to the cabin. You need to wake up Roier– and you need to–"

Crack crack