A Scholarship

"Are you okay?" Bad cautiously stepped closer.

Cellbit looked up at Bad, a smile creeping onto his face. "I'm okay..."

"Okay, good..." Bad watched Roier help Cellbit up. Then he dusted him off.

"Everyone keep moving. If one more person acts out, we're heading back."

️☀️☀️

When everyone stood around to listen to the announcement, Cellbit made a point to stand by Bad. But Bad couldn't say he felt threatened.

"Thank you for asking if I'm okay." Cellbit seemed particularly focused on that one thing.

"Yeah, of course." Bad eyed Roier, Roier eyed Bad. They both thought it was strange that Cellbit was talking to him.

"How's your hand feeling?" Bad asked since Cellbit seemed so fixated on attention.

"It's fine." Cellbit rubbed his fingers over the fresh bite mark.

Roier put a hand on Cellbit's back. "My love, did you get your pastillas today?"

Cellbit shrugged Roier off like an annoying thought. "I really like your tracksuit."

Skeppy was startled by the acknowledgement. Cellbit only seemed interested in talking to Bad. "Oh, thank you." Skeppy gave a sympathy smile and subconsciously took a step away. "I really like your hair. The white streak really suits you."

Cellbit ran a hand through his hair. "People usually call it stupid."

"No, I like it." Skeppy insisted.

"I'm glad you're not an entitled asshole that bullies other people. I've dealt with enough crazy people in my life. Everyone these days is so brainwashed that they can't even think for themselves–"

Roier nudged Cellbit. "Gatinho, you're rambling on." He said gently. "You don't really know them."

"They are our cabin mates?"

"But you aren't really friends, no?" Roier reminded him.

Bad tried to find the right thing to say. "No, we're friends..."

"We're friends." Cellbit agreed. The dead rat might not have achieved much. Everyone assumed a fox dropped it by Troy's cabin. Yet, Bad did it. And in the unmedicated moment, Cellbit appreciated that.

Roier looked at Bad with thankful eyes and then held one of Cellbit's hands. "Okay, if you say."

Skeppy nudged Bad's hand with his own.

Bad flinched and put both his hands on his hips. "You two are very cute together."

"Gracias."

"Alright, I want everyone's attention, please."

Bad turned and dropped his arms again.

"The first week of camp is over and we're heading into week two. We have had several hiccups but I'd like to think everyone will take camp more seriously from now on. Because there will be more on the line by the end of it.