Taking Care

"Nice of you to join us for breakfast." Bad moved over so Foolish could slip into the empty spot beside him. Although secretly he hoped Skeppy would have wanted the spot.

"Foolish, yo!" Tina clapped her hands together. "This is my friend, Bagi." She introduced Bagi, but not Bagi's friends. Which made things pretty awkward.

"Heey, Bagi." Foolish whistled. "I love your hair."

Valerie threw her tray down on the table and claimed the seat across from Bad. "I love your hair too, my name's Valerie."

Bagi smiled politely and leaned in to whisper to Tina. "Your friends are a little...interesting?"

Bad nudged Foolish.

"What?"

Bad glared at him. "Foolish, can I talk to you?"

"You're talking to me right now, buddy. Did you hit your head?" Foolish chuckled.

Bad stood up and yanked Foolish up with him. It's amazing how you don't need muscles if you have enough spite. "We'll be right back."

Bad led Foolish behind one of the cabins. It was amazing how little the counselors paid attention. They were busy socializing and enjoying their summer too.

"Damn, what're we doing?" Foolish put his hands on his hips. "I like you and all– no, not really... You're alright I suppose, but I do not want to kiss you."

"What?!" Bad growled. "I do not want to kiss you, you muffinhead! I want to kill you."

"What did I do?!" Foolish threw his hands up like he was being arrested.

"I saw Valerie sneaking out last night."

Foolish dropped his arms. "So I'm in trouble because my girlfriend broke a rule?"

"Oh please." Bad crossed his arms. "She was sneaking out to see you."

"Damn, you got me." Foolish put his hands behind his back. "Arrest me, officer."

"Foolish!" Bad grabbed his arms and shook him. "Listen to me!"

"I'm listening!" Foolish grabbed Bad's shoulders. "I could throw you in the lake, let's not forget that, pal!"

"Err..." Bad stepped back. "You shouldn't make your girlfriend sneak out after curfew."

"Hold on." Foolish crossed his arms, glaring at Bad. "Make is not the word for that, buddy. We both want to sneak out."

"W-well..." Bad stuttered. "She might want to, but what if she only wants to because she's trying to make you like her more?"

"What the hell are you on about?" Foolish looked about ready to walk away.

"She asked me...on the first day she asked me if I thought you would cheat on her."

Foolish softened and uncrossed his arms. "She did? Wait...Why?"

"I don't know, but she thinks you're going to cheat on her...And I've always been kind of a–" 

"You've always been kind of a ladies man. You're basically one of the girls." Foolish sighed and looked towards the sky for answers. "I'll talk to Valerie."

"Don't tell her I told you."

"I won't."

🐎 🐎🐎

There was two divisions in the campers. The people that wanted to ride horses and the tough guys that thought horse riding was girly, They were playing basketball instead.