Sleeping Buddies

"Everyone else is asleep." Bad tried to sound reassuring, but he was almost certain Étoiles was awake and probably listening.

Skeppy was sitting up now. The white oversized sweater he made a habit of sleeping in, was catching his tears. He pressed the sleeve against his face.
Please go away. I can't do this. You can't help me.

Bad sat on the edge of the bed. He would've left if Skeppy asked him to, but he didn't ask. "Whatever it is, You could tell me. Or you can keep it to yourself. Regardless I can keep you company until you feel better."

Skeppy sniffed a few times in a row. He was ashamed to be sitting up in bed, sniffling like a child. In a about a year he'd be going off to college. Yet, he was still so emotional with the world. "I'm just really overwhelmed–" Skeppy's voice broke and he couldn't say anymore.

"Okay." Bad moved closer, worry changed his face. "What overwhelmed you?"

Skeppy needed to sniffle, but he refused. He ended up coughing, he needed to clear something to breathe out of whether he liked it or not. "Everything..."

"Maybe you should go home? They will get you a bus ride home if you really need it, Skeppy."

"No." Skeppy rubbed his eyes until he saw stars. "It doesn't matter where I am...my life is just shit."

Bad almost said it, but he didn't.
Language
"I see...I know I can't really do anything. But would you like me to keep you company tonight?" He himself did not know exactly what he was offering.

Skeppy got underneath his blanket. This kind of arrangement was something you couldn't verbally acknowledge. Unless you were in a relationship.

Bad looked back. Étoiles was facing away from them, uncaring. Cellbit and Roier were asleep, and literally cuddling.

Bad slipped into the blankets. He didn't lay down, he just covered up enough to not be cold. "I'll just sit here, okay? We can talk until you fall asleep."

Being cared about was intoxicating. It felt wonderful to have someone sit by him, willing to listen to him whine all night. Skeppy already felt better.

Bad leaned on the frame of the bed, blinking slowly. He was tired, but he was not going to leave Skeppy now.

Skeppy coughed and sniffled to clear his sinuses. "Bad?"

"Hm?"

"I'm a little bit cold. Can I borrow a blanket off of your bed?"

"Oh, okay." Bad didn't want to get up. His body ached and mourned the comfort of the bed as he stood. He quietly went to his bed and grabbed the thicker blanket.

"Here, it is a little chilly tonight." Bad put the blanket over Skeppy. His heart melted as Skeppy adjusted the blanket and snuggled up in his warm sanctuary.
Oh my gosh he's precious

"You look so comfy-cozy." Bad giggled. He wanted to get back on the bed. But he already did that once. It was the kind of action he wasn't bold enough to do again on his own.

"Bad, you can get in the bed...you gave me your blanket so..."

Bad sat on the bed since he was told to. "I can't take the blankets from you, you look so cozy,

Skeppy lifted the blankets and threw them over Bad. "Please just don't tell anyone."

"I won't." Bad was burning red and trying not to let Skeppy know how awkward he felt. "But just focus on feeling better. It's okay to cry. No one in this cabin would judge you."

"Roier has a big mouth, he'd probably tell people." Skeppy was between not caring about anything and caring too much about everything.

"He's dead asleep, snoring. I'll just stay here with you until you're asleep."